AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Inplub Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/13/10 10:11 AM
Can I take the ferry oneway from Chetumal to San Pedro and can you tell me which dock?
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/13/10 03:49 PM
Yes.

In Chetumal, water taxis use the main pier, "Muelle Fiscal", which is close to the big Government building, "Palacio Gobierno", at the waterfront at the south end of the main street through the centre of the city.

On my BelizeBus site, there is a map of Chetumal showing the locations of the ADO bus terminal and the pier. The pier is also visible on Google Earth.

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/
Posted By: HOT_Card Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/13/10 03:53 PM
Yes - I know the SP-BZ Express goes from the municipal dock in Chetumal (the one at the end of Ave. Heroes a couple of blocks from Sam's Club)and comes into the old Ambergris Divers dock in the centre of town next to Tacklebox. They leave at 3.30pm.

Not sure where the SP Waterjets leave from although I suspect the same dock - they come into the back of San Pedro next to Sunset Grill and also leave at 3.30pm
Posted By: Inplub Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/13/10 04:52 PM
Thank you both. Does anyone have the price for oneway?
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/13/10 08:39 PM
The BelizeBus site has more information including fares and links to the water taxi companies.
Posted By: sotchsi Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/14/10 07:02 PM
all this information is also at http://thebusschedule.com/bz
Posted By: Inplub Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/14/10 07:09 PM
Thank you I have checked and will have to wait and see if my plans work out to catch the ferry
Posted By: HOT_Card Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/15/10 12:31 AM
$30US
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/19/10 01:48 PM
Both boats arrive at the Chetumal municipal pier. That is the place with customs, immigration etc.
IMHO Jet is the better choice - great service, far nicer boat - and they have a MUCH better attitude. I have nothing but praises for their dedication to safety, comfort and service.

The "other" guys are the ones with illegal price rises, overcrowding and a pretty complete disregard for safety/flotation devices.
Posted By: sandyb Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/19/10 03:11 PM
Diane, Are you referring to the boat which is docked North of the Market on the backside as the one you prefer?
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Both boats arrive at the Chetumal municipal pier. That is the place with customs, immigration etc.
IMHO Jet is the better choice - great service, far nicer boat - and they have a MUCH better attitude. I have nothing but praises for their dedication to safety, comfort and service.

The "other" guys are the ones with illegal price rises, overcrowding and a pretty complete disregard for safety/flotation devices.
Posted By: MisterB266 Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/19/10 04:00 PM
SandyB,

Here's the link to the water taxi site. The information on it should answer your questions....
http://www.sanpedrowatertaxi.com/index.html

The San Pedro Water Jets is located in the Town of San Pedro on the Island of Ambergris Caye next to the socker field Lagoon Side. The Island is located approximately 35 miles from Belize City on the main land. Our terminal in Chetumal Q. Roo Mexico is located at the "Muelle Fiscal" in the heart of the Chetumal CIty.
UNQUOTE
Posted By: debc Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/22/10 12:36 AM
Can anyone tell me what restrictions there are in bringing items back from Chetumal? Someone told me that if you do a one day trip you are not allowed to bring back any alcohol or meat. Can anyone confirm or deny that statement. Also, if you do spend the night what can you bring back? Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels that are located not too far from the water taxi? Thanks.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Chetumal to San Pedro - 04/22/10 01:10 PM
San Pedro Water Jet is now offering a tacogirl Special.
http://tacogirl.com/2010/04/belize-to-mexico/
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board