AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Does anyone know how far the international airport and municipal airport are from each other by taxi and the approximate fare? It seems flights to Ambergris Caye are alomst 1/2 the price from the municipal airport. Should I consider this?
It takes at least 20 minutes and costs $20 or $25 US each way. If there are several of you to share the taxi, it is cost effective. If it is just you, or one more, it is not worth the hassle, in my opinion. You will save about $53 on the flight, but the taxi will cost you around $50 round trip. Not worth it for one, but is worth it for a group. I have done it both ways, depending on the size of my party. Make sure you have enough time to get over to municipal before their last flight out. I think it is at 5:40 p.m.
Distance:
about 16 km (10 miles)
I just did that trip last week .It was 30.00 us from international to Muni and on the return from the island they charged me 25.00 from muni to international.Why the difference I don't know there were four of us.Cabbie rip off maybe?
I think they charged me $25 when there were just two of us and $30 when there were four of us. The cab driver showed me a laminated card that had that information printed on it...$30 for 4 persons.
Be sure you have a reservation from Muni. If the last plane is full you may be stuck in Belize City. I do this whenever there are two or more of us.
And if your flight to Belize is delayed for any reason, they will not wait for you at Muni, whereas they will at International.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board