AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Maya House BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/24/11 04:09 PM
Any recommendations on airlines that fly from Belize to Puerto Rico without having to go back up to the States first?
Posted By: papashine Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/24/11 04:26 PM
To my knowledge there are no direct flts to Puerto Rico from Belize.
Posted By: cracked up Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/25/11 01:56 AM
only easy way is through the States
Posted By: belizeonthebeach Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/25/11 03:57 AM
I have done the BZ / San Juan trip. Miami has an in-transit 'lounge' where you are not technically in the states. It's very small, screaming kids, no food, vending machines at best,if you are American as I am it is deplorable.
It does save a bunch of time and paperwork though.
Go to Miami--spend a few days--then go to Puerto Rico
It's a cool place--Rin Con is my favorite. San Juan sucks unless you like Kingston.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/25/11 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
I have done the BZ / San Juan trip. Miami has an in-transit 'lounge' where you are not technically in the states. It's very small, screaming kids, no food, vending machines at best,if you are American as I am it is deplorable.
It does save a bunch of time and paperwork though.
Go to Miami--spend a few days--then go to Puerto Rico
It's a cool place--Rin Con is my favorite. San Juan sucks unless you like Kingston.

I don't think the US has transit lounges any more anywhere - I believe everybody needs to do the full immigration thing.

Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/25/11 03:41 PM
I agree Diane, haven't seen a transit lounge since around 9/11. Houston does some type of transit for your luggage but if you land in the US you must go through immigration and be finger printed and photographed (non-US citizens.)
Posted By: Short Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/26/11 12:59 AM
TACA: Belize City - San Salvador - San Jose:
http://www.taca.com/eng/pyr/fsc/fscoursch.asp?id=18#
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/26/11 02:08 AM
Believe Copa has nonstop flights from Panama City, Panama, to San Juan, Puerto Rico. You can fly from BZE to Panama via San Salvador on TACA. Don't know why you'd need to fly to San Jos�, Costa Rica (though it's always great to visit COSTA Rica).
Posted By: Short Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/26/11 04:42 AM
My bad; misread the thread; exhausting day or maybe I need glasses!
Thanks for correcting me, Lan.
Posted By: Maya House Re: BZE to Puerto Rico?? - 05/28/11 04:10 AM
Thanks all. Oddly enough, it turns out to be faster, cheaper and easier to go up to the US and then back down to Puerto Rico, so I guess that's what I'll be doing.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board