AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KatGold Ferry to AC - 06/28/00 02:01 PM
Can someone tell me about going on the boat across to AC from the mainland? The prices, where you catch it, schedule. Do you recommend it? My boys thought it would be fun.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Ferry to AC - 06/28/00 03:10 PM
A variety of boats connect Belize City with San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. The cost is US$12.50 one way. The most dependable boats to Ambergris, operated by the Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association, leave Belize City from the Marine Terminal on N. Front St., near the swing bridge. They arrive (and leave) San Pedro from the old Sharks pier near Cannibals. The open boats leave Belize City at 9 [am], noon, and 3 [pm], then depart from San Pedro at 8 [am], 11:30 [am], and 2:30 [pm]. There are also I think three other boats that make the trip, which takes about an hour and 15 minutes.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Marty Re: Ferry to AC - 06/28/00 04:37 PM
I have schedules as of a couple months ago, they are at: //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/quick.html#sea

Thunderbolt, Andrea, Sea Escape, Tripel J, and The Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association are water taxis available to get you around Belize.. All leave from Swing Bridge except Sea Escape.

Thunderbolt Travels Mon-Sat (SPO-BZE 7AM, BZE-SPO 1PM) Sun (SPO-BZE 7AM, BZE-SPO 9AM)
Andrea Travels Mon-Sat (SPO-BZE 7AM, BZE-SPO 3PM)
Tripel J (BZE-SPO 9AM)
CCWTA Travels Mon-Sat (SPO-BZE 8 & 11AM, BZE-SPO 9AM)
Sea Escape leaves Bellevue Hotel at 4pm.
Fares stand at 25.00Bze one way and 50.00Bze round trip.
Fares from SPO-Caye Caulker and Vice Versa is 15.00Bze one way.
Children are 1/2 price.
Fares for St. Georges Caye is 25.00Bze one way...
For some operators, San Pedro fares are $45 round trip for same day travel only.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board