AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jammin Should i bring my kayak? - 09/14/14 10:06 PM
Hi all, new member question. I have an inflatable kayak that has traveled with us before and am trying to decide if I should bring it to San Ignacio and Caye Caulker. Pictures of it here https://plus.google.com/photos/105064004358364246797/albums/5941792764573626417?banner=pwa
A lot depends upon the weather and river levels as we will be in SI longer than at Caulker and would like to do a day or two exploring the rivers in Cayo but just wondering if anyone has opinions on whether it would be advisable to use on Caulker. Mainly would use it to snorkel and paddle a bit on the leeward side, although if calm enough could also take it ocean side and maybe across to northern part of the island. I know they can be rented everywhere but it would only cost $50us (25 each way) to bring it and the thing is so comfortable and can be rigged to have an umbrella smile So what do you think, nay or yay?
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Should i bring my kayak? - 09/15/14 07:27 PM
What a cool rig! I'd bring it. Then I'd give it to me for safekeeping when you leave.
:-)
Posted By: artisan Re: Should i bring my kayak? - 09/15/14 07:33 PM
Caye Caulker's no problem for your kayak, it's protected by the reef one mile in front of it, no matter how windy the chop is always light. It's 140 feet from the south island to the north.
Posted By: jammin Re: Should i bring my kayak? - 09/15/14 09:54 PM
Thanks. Sounds much calmer than last year when we took it to St Martins smile If the weather is nice for river floating I will take it and rent a golf cart to tote it and cooler. Any ideas on some nice river runs inland, Cayo area. Thanks again, Ben
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board