AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: buktoff Extended stay - 09/27/16 01:51 PM
We plan to come next Feb for a little over a month. i know we can get an extension on the 30 day rule by going to the immigration office, my question is, do I need to book tickets for the original 30 days and then change in order to be admitted to the country? I know you have to have a purchase made when entering stating when exiting. Anyone with experience on this. Traveling w/ toddlers, so don't really want to leave this to chance and get held up!!!
Posted By: Caye Pyrate Re: Extended stay - 09/27/16 02:04 PM
One man's experience:

I've flown back & forth (as a resident from the U.S.) more than a half-dozen times over
the last two years, and was not ONCE ever asked to produce proof of a return plane ticket.

For what it's worth ....

Caye Pyrate
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: Extended stay - 09/27/16 02:18 PM
Exactly, I've purchased one way tickets often....Using both American Airlines and at the time Continental.....I was not questioned about the return.....However, when filling out your immigration documents you might choose to include a return date within the 30 days as to not cause delays with the officers....... Wishing you well.... smile
Posted By: buktoff Re: Extended stay - 09/27/16 03:54 PM
Ok, sounds good. Thanks! Will see you again. We brought the family that took care of us the first time we visited for a birthday dinner when we were there in June. Was a great treat. Will bring hubby and the twins when we make it back in Feb!
Posted By: buktoff Re: Extended stay - 09/27/16 03:56 PM
Ok, I haven't either...just didn't want have issue. I purchased one way so far as using up miles on American. Waiting until I have enough miles to purchase return trip and just didn't know if I needed to make for one date and then change it. Will give it a shot!
Posted By: Noelle Re: Extended stay - 09/28/16 12:27 PM
I've never had a problem with Immigration but I *have* had problems, several times with Delta. They let you buy the one way ticket but then can make life really hard when you go to check in. I have always been able to successfully talk my way on to the plane but it's been pretty unpleasant. I live full time in Belize and have legal residency. I explained to one gate agent that I was traveling on the second half of a round trip ticket and he demanded to know when my passport expired because he wanted me to book a return trip to apply for a new one.

Maybe for the Delta it's an upselling opportunity.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board