AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: silly HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 03:21 AM
My husband and I are having a dificult time finding a block of time to get our passports. Lines in Houston are 3+ hours long. (everytime we've tried)
Has anyone done the emergency passport where you pay extra but get it the week before by special appointment?
We are going to AC at the end of June.
Thanks for any advice!
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 04:30 AM
Silly, are you renewing or do you need a new passport? I renewed mine and copied the form off of the Passport Website and mailed it in and got mine back in less than 3 weeks.
Punta Rebel Girl
Posted By: cajunflo Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 05:09 AM
we had ours expedited, and it only cost 40$more per person, I think, plus the cost of express shipping....took pictures and filled out forms on tuesday---got passports by the next thursday.....spent about $230 for the 2 of us
Posted By: swayflo Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 05:43 AM
I also had mine expedited and it got here in about a week. I went to the post office and took care of everything right there, except for the pictures which I had taken somewhere cheaper.
Good Luck!!!
Susan
Posted By: gator1 Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 02:35 PM
Call your regional issuing office and find out the exact physical address and phone number of the person processing your application. If possible, get a person's name. In your overnight (FedEx, UPS, etc.) package, include the payment, application(s) and a pre-paid and addressed overnight package for the return of the newly issued passports. If possible, find out the easiest/preferred overnight shipping method of the regional office and use that carrier for the return package. Be mindful of weekends.

I sent mine out on a Monday and received the new passports on Wednesday. If your carrier has the option of "first thing in the morning delivery", and the regional office will have someone there to receive the package at that time, pay the extra and select that option.
Posted By: silly Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 03:16 PM
Thanks, ya'll!
I am getting one for the first time, my husband is renewing. I think it will all work out! Can't wait to get to AC!!
Posted By: dedl Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 03:19 PM
Silly,
I may be wrong, but I believe you still have to appear in person for your initial application. Have you tried the League City Post Office? They do them there also, we were in and out in under 30 minutes with no wait in line.
Posted By: shaygray Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 03:21 PM
I got my pictures taken at a travel agency (cheaper) and went to one of the larger post offices. They have everything there for you to fill out. Costs more, but I got mine in less than a week, too! Good luck!
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 03:41 PM
If you live close to a post office they will do the pics and all for $70 and i recieved mine back in 3 weeks without any extra charges .The Richmond post office has the facilities too.
Posted By: Debbie Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/07/01 05:42 PM
I applied for mine at the local court house. No line, and I got them in two weeks.
Posted By: JillB Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/15/01 10:30 PM
Does anyone know the web address for the passport info? My friend traveling with us needs to have her name changed on hers... perhaps she could take care of it with the help of the website. And, I'll need mine renewed in 2002.

We'll be on AC first week of July. We are so excited and reading all the posts on this board has been exceptionally helpful. Thanks to all of you!
Posted By: margarita Re: HELP!! NEED PASSPORTS!! - 05/15/01 10:37 PM
try http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board