AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Bear Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 03:31 PM
I'm looking at binoculars and would like some recommendations from folks who use theirs regularly on the island. I don't mind spending $ on a good pair but I dont think Swarovski's are in my future. I figured that expsure to the salt water atmosphere might be a consideration. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: elbert Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 03:57 PM
Fungus and moisture are a big problem . i went with West Marine and they are great!
The Raiatea 7X50
Posted By: Bear Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 06:18 PM
Thanks Elbert! I'll check them out.

Nice! They get great reviews and they're very reasonable too! Do you wear contacts or glasses Elbert? Just askin since I wear readers but have excellent distance vision.

btw Do you guys do a fall bird count on the Caye?
Posted By: elbert Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 07:13 PM
the binoculars have an adjust on the eye piece for folks that need glasses.
I don't do any organized events with birdwatchers, they are just too weird a group for me ;-)
Posted By: Bear Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by elbert
the binoculars have an adjust on the eye piece for folks that need glasses.

Okay, you lucky dog, you dont wear glasses. I asked because some binocs, even with diopter correction adjustments are a pain in the ass for those of us that do.

I don't do any organized events with birdwatchers, they are just too weird a group for me ;-)

laugh Lmao, I heard that all the way from here! I was kind of hoping there was a more laid back AC version...dogs, laughing, lunch, some birding and then decide what we should have seen...
Posted By: elbert Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 08:29 PM
No I do wear glasses , but adjust the dioptic to match so i don't need the with these binocs.
there is a certain way to do it , i had to resort to reading the instructions.
Posted By: Bear Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 08:39 PM
ah geez I hate when i actually have to read instructions
Posted By: elbert Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/13/11 08:44 PM
Its just not manly
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/14/11 04:46 AM
When ALL ELSE FAILS read the directions - but not one minute before. LOL
My binoculars are rubberized and float
Posted By: Bear Re: Binoculars Recommendation - 09/14/11 04:28 PM
Now I'll gladly watch a video instruction, love those suckers, but give me a piece of do it your self fruniture from IKEA and you can forget about it. It takes days to assemble as I sort through what I'm sure are extraneous parts...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board