AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Photographer's exhibit for the birds - 01/12/13 02:15 PM

The Belize Audubon Society is the premier organization for knowledge of birding in Belize. But a photographer, who has recently found an eye for the winged creatures, has made them the subject of his most recent exhibition. According to Noel Escalante, his passion has culminated to over a hundred photographs on display at the rotunda inside the Institute of Creative Arts.

Jose Sanchez

"You seem to be an avid birder and photographer. Can you tell me how many pieces are on exhibit?"

Noel Escalante

Noel Escalante, Photographer

"Well we have about seventy-five mounted pieces and we have over a hundred and twenty individual images on display. I am not an avid birder; I only took up bird-watching about a year ago. And after taking so many pictures and investigating birds and researching them, I became so addicted to bird watching and I decided to do an exhibition for this year."

Jose Sanchez

"Majority of the pieces are birds. What is it that inspires you to take these photographs of them?"

Noel Escalante

"Well I take photographs as a matter of hobby. It is a passion, it's a way of relaxation for me and I have many different photographs of Belize. I usually collect them in a theme every year and I put them on a display. I get help of sponsors that help me to finance the exhibitions and then it goes on display at different galleries. It provides a lot of thought, research, and education. A lot of kids have never really saw or see so many different aspects of Belize and it paints a view of Belize and what Belize has to offer-not only to tourists and visitors, but also to our own public who has never really saw or seen many of the pictures on display before."

The pieces are not on sale but Escalante says he can make copies at a minimal fee for individuals who may wish to have a copy of the photographs.

Channel 5 align=left hspace=10 vspace=10

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board