AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sun Bathing Beauties Where to stay? - 02/05/03 11:48 PM
Ok so there are two of us coming to AC the week of March 13-20. We are young and looking for a fun, but not to expensive place to stay. So far we are either thinking about Caribe Island or Corona Del Mar. Any suggestions for a good place to stay? We want something that is right on the beach, has private bathroom, possibly kitchen or refridgerator, porch or veranda, and maybe a pool. Also where can you rent golf carts? Can you get a chauffer?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
mary and rachel
Posted By: mountain Larry Re: Where to stay? - 02/05/03 11:52 PM
Chauffer for a golf cart?!!?? You are either very young or very rich!
Posted By: TravelinMan Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 01:48 AM
Take a look at Tradewinds Paradise Villas
www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com

It has everything you want and more! You can arrange through the front desk to have a cart when you get here as well as beverages for your fridge. Think fast, March is looking very busy at this point If you don't have a room yet you may not find one.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 03:52 AM
Hey, there's always my place, right on the beach, just North of Wet Willy's. Just kidding! Tradewinds (pool), The Palms (great location plus a nice quiet pool in back) or Ramon's (pool and lots of beach) all of those are nice and close to all the action.

Cheers,

Simon
Posted By: bonjoe Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 12:39 PM
We usually stay at the Caribe Island when we visit San Pedro and we love it. The rooms are really nice, they have a great pool, and Albert the bartender makes some killer drinks. Caribe is about 3 miles away from downtown, so a golf cart helps but it is not needed. The Caribe provides a free shuttle into town at dinner time. Manuel the driver is awesome. IF you wish to stay in town longer all you have to do is tell him what time you want to be picked up and where and he will come and get you. He is extremely reliable. There were even times when I called Manuel on his cell phone and asked him to bring me a case a Belikins from the beer distributor and I got his normal reply "No Problem". Caribe is a great place to stay at.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 03:21 PM
Hi Bonjoe,
Thanks for the endorsement!! Do I know you? When was the last time you visited? We have done a good bit of renovations in the last few months.
I'll buy you a Belikin next trip.
Cheerz,
Vicki
Posted By: KBG Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 06:47 PM
GIRLS,
Check out Bananna Beach, nice clean, reasonable, 2 pools, new restaurant and friendly staff. No I am not related to anyone there, just find it a good place to stay. Visited friends staying there in Jan. and found it very nice. If you are looking for a budget place and right in the middle of town consider Spindrift Hotel. Close to everything and much cheeper than Bananna's. Whereever you stay go to San Pedro soon.
KBG laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: drcasual Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 07:52 PM
Ramon's might be fun for you. I hope you're not expecting a vast, long beach on AC. If you haven't gotten tickets yet, Jenny @ Capricorn travel has put together a couple of great trips w/air & hotel for us. We just stayed at Xanadu but it might be a bit quiet for you. I can't tell if you've been to AC before but it's not Daytona Beach (or whatever the cool beach was when you were in school). We mostly rode bikes around or walked. I highly recommend taking bikes across the hand ferry to the north side and riding the bumpy road north. You can stop for a drink and then head back. Enjoy!!
Posted By: drcasual Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 07:56 PM
One more thing, you definitely want a place w/a pool or a dock. Lots of seagrass along the shore.
You might also want to consider a side trip to one of the Mayan Ruins (Lamanai or Altun Ha). Snorkeling trips are great too!
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 09:47 PM
if you've been reading this board, you know i stayed at caribe island. it was very clean and had all levels rooms from efficiencies to 3 BR lofts, all with private bath, kitchens, air, cable tv, pool with bar/grill, etc.

you will prob need a golfcart (tho they have free bikes), and here is a pic of my chauffer:

http://www.pbase.com/image/3514735

pay her airfare and she can be yours too!

here is a pic of caribe's dive shop/pier:

http://www.pbase.com/image/4255615
Posted By: seashell Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 10:00 PM
Based on your criteria girls, I think you should be looking at something like Seven Seas. It's a bit north of town but not across the cut. It has a pool, kitchenette, nice beach area and it's just a hop skip and a jump down the beach from the action at Wet Willy's, Cholo's, Fido's, Daddy's and Jaguar's. It's near two larger grocery stores and around the corner from a small one. It's around the corner from one of the best and least expensive restaurants, Papi's.
Posted By: bonjoe Re: Where to stay? - 02/06/03 11:36 PM
Ibanole (Vicki), I sort of know you, my wife (Bonnie aka aqtpie (I think)) has been in contact with you in the past . Last year we did not visit SP but we are returning in September this year. We stayed at the Caribe in 00 and 01. I look foward to meeting you and I will definitly take you up on your Belikin offer.
Posted By: T IN BELIZE Re: Where to stay? - 02/08/03 06:43 AM
Hey girls
My husband and i just returned about a month ago,(our first trip to AC) we stayed at Ramon's, and it was very nice, but we have friends that have been going to AC for 10 plus years and they always stay at Caribe, we took a day and went and checked out some different places to stay, Caribe is where we will stay next year, it looked very nice, or more what we were looking for, if you pull them up on the web, you can take a virtual tour of the rooms and see the hotel! Hope you have a great trip, we cant wait to go back!
Posted By: MarlinFisherman Re: Where to stay? - 02/12/03 02:25 AM
Hey sweet jane noticed you have been to belize alot and know alot about it...then i noticed your around the corner from us ( kinda)..lol bucks county we are from delaware county....could yaemail us at [email protected] would love to bother you with some questions thanks. brian and el
Posted By: Warner Re: Where to stay? - 02/12/03 04:07 AM
We will be at the Corona Del Mar on the 12th to the 20th of Mar as well. My wife and I are also young and looking to have a great time. We picked this property because it is close to all the action. hope to see you there. the first belikin is on me.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Where to stay? - 02/12/03 04:18 AM
How did I miss this post.I will pay to be the chauffer
Posted By: aqtpie2 Re: Where to stay? - 02/12/03 04:40 AM
Hey Ibanole - saw your post (and my hubby's reply). I sent you e-mails last year of pictures of Manuel and his son to take down with you - and was asking you about Albert and if he was still coming up to the Philly area.

Like my husband mentioned - we are planning on heading back down in September this year - we usually go in November. If your there, we would love to meet you!

Have a good upcoming trip - I know you just got back.

Bonnie

BACK TO TOPIC::::: SO your looking for something for 2 bathing beauties and a chauffer for your golf cart - I can't see why a few regulars haven't jumped on this opportunity yet, I was sure one of these guys would have chirped in by now...... I don't think you'll have a problem
Posted By: klcman Re: Where to stay? - 02/12/03 04:49 AM
being a chauffeur on a cart full of bathing beauties would really keep the batteries charged wink
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board