AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: XenaBar Dock/Pier Fishing - 02/24/03 06:44 AM
Hey all - headed to AC in early March and have been doing my homework on the boards. Thanks to all for the great info -- better than any book could hope to provide.

I am looking for an update on a previous topic on fishing. I'm hoping to make a few casts with simple spin casting gear from docks/piers - hopefully just north of town. Previous posts warned that fishing may not be allowed from some docks, etc.

Can anyone recommend a safe, simple fishing location from docks/piers? Any recent recommendations for shore fishing in general?

(We are planning more than a few guided fishing sessions...this is just for the 'down time')
Posted By: Mel S Re: Dock/Pier Fishing - 02/24/03 03:34 PM
We stay at Hotel Del Rio just north of the town near the cut. I fish right off from their pier or muella. We will be there in June and I will be fishing crazy off the pier and the flats ! Have you clicked on the fishing section in this website ? There is some good info. Best-Wishes, Mel S.......
Posted By: XenaBar Re: Dock/Pier Fishing - 02/25/03 03:14 AM
Thanks for the tip - we're staying close to there. Yes - we've checked the fishing links for great info. Not too much on locations, however, for close to shore stuff.

thanks again!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board