AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jvpv1 Where to stay? - 03/20/03 03:30 AM
Cant decide where to stay....looking for beachfront, casual but elegant...No condos...want beachfront, ocean view, good food and bar, great beach and pool etc...cant see any threads on the places I am considering....looking at Capt Morgans, Mata Chica, Portofino, Ramons...any other suggestions? Comments on any of these would be greatly appreciated. Also we are coming in July...comments on the weater at that time of year would also be great. Thanks
Posted By: Marty Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 05:27 PM
search this board, there will be threads on all these...
Posted By: g8rguy Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 05:42 PM
My wife and I are making our maiden voyage to AC in May 12-18 and we're staying at Cap't Morgans, we'll post a trip report upon our return. I've encountered good and bad feedback about Capt. Morgans on this forum, mostly good. It is located pretty far north of town (3 1/2 miles) and far away from it all, which is exactly what we are looking for!! Hopefully our report will be of help if you haven't made plans by then. Good Luck!!
Posted By: Marie Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 05:59 PM
The problem with Captain Morgan's is that you are way out North. Other than that I've heard mixed reviews of it. I like Paradise Resort Hotel. It fills your "casual" to a tee. Really comfortable place, nice rooms, beautiful site, nice people. Even as prejudiced towards it as I am, I couldn't call it elegant. Maximum room rate with kitchenette runs about $130. Its worth looking into.
Posted By: seashell Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 09:25 PM
Marie, they want a pool. Paradise Resort doesn't fit this time.

Casual but elegant? Hmm, sounds like Victoria House. smile
Posted By: Marie Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 09:31 PM
Hi Seashell! As I said, elegant it is not. I didn't address the pool issue, true. But, casual and pleasant, it is.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 09:47 PM
IMHO there is NOT a problem with any of the resorts/hotels/motels on Ambergris. Distance from town makes a difference to some people, but not all.
Pick your place to stay for your first trip and be happy with your choice, and you will be happy.
Then on second trip, repeat same place, or choose a new place. BELIZE IT.
Posted By: seashell Re: Where to stay? - 03/21/03 09:49 PM
jv, I don't believe that there is a pool at Mata Chica. And I'm pretty sure there is no pool at Portofino either.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board