AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Kahealani Best Caye to visit (other than Ambergris) - 04/29/03 11:13 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions or stories on other cayes/areas to visit? Which are your favorite and why? Where do we stay on them? How do we get there? We love the ocean, beautiful beaches, good people, great food ect...(this is not a personal add!) We will be at victoria house for a week and have a week before that and would like to experience another area. Any comments would be much appreciated. Have a beautiful day!

Kahealani
I enjoyed the Lamanai trip very much. You get to learn so much about the floral and fauna on the boat ride, the bus trip from bomba was a history lesson, and very interesting to see how the locals live in the countryside. Talk about a history lesson! Lamanai is a fantastic example of mayan culture. Getting to see and hear the howler monkeys was a definite bonus! I went with SEArious, and those guys had us laughing the whole time. Enjoy your trip! smile
YIKES! I reread your post and see that you are asking about other CAYES, sorry! I know I want to visit Tobacco Caye, here is a thread //ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000901 - but if you love beaches, I have read Placencia is the place to go. If you are divers, an overnight to the outer atolls would be worth the trip, maybe stay on Turneffe for a few days for good diving and snokeling. AC diving is enjoyable, but the few dives I did out there were FANTASTIC!
Posted By: Gela Re: Best Caye to visit (other than Ambergris) - 04/30/03 12:16 AM
db - what kinda tobacco have you been smokin! laugh :rolleyes: :p wink
*cough cough* what you mean???? wink
Posted By: Marty Re: Best Caye to visit (other than Ambergris) - 04/30/03 12:37 AM
Caye Caulker (great place, people, food, laid back), Half Moon Caye (booby birds, giant hermit crabs, great diving to and fro, great sunrises), Tobacco Caye, St. Georges Caye, Goffs Caye (tiny), Blackbird Caye.. oh man, so many caye delights
Yeah, this is what I need! Thanks, keep the ides flowing. Thanks for info on the other places as well. Can't wait.

If anyone ever needs info on the Big island of hawaii, let me know, I grew up there.

Kahea
Posted By: Mel S Re: Best Caye to visit (other than Ambergris) - 04/30/03 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Kahealani:
Does anyone have any suggestions or stories on other cayes/areas to visit? Which are your favorite and why? Where do we stay on them? How do we get there? We love the ocean, beautiful beaches, good people, great food ect...(this is not a personal add!) We will be at victoria house for a week and have a week before that and would like to experience another area. Any comments would be much appreciated. Have a beautiful day!

Kahealani
Crooked Tree Village is wonderful nestled into the bush-country. It is now a wonderful bird reserve, the lagoon is teemed with waterbirds, a few morelet crocs, and a troop of black howlers. Altun ha is interesting too, still within the Belize district. Have a Great trip, Mel S.....
Posted By: Marty Re: Best Caye to visit (other than Ambergris) - 04/30/03 02:47 AM
Caves Branch, also known as the Garden of Eden without the temptation:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/cavesbranch.html

simply put, GO THERE!

(cool pic- 4 wide angle views glued together- view from front porch of cabana- 180 degree view, tho it doesn't really look like it)
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/art/cb-splitALLflatM.jpg
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board