Posted By: travelbum24 walk around with open liquor - 05/13/03 06:22 PM
Does anyone know if it illegal to walk
around with an open beer or a drink?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/13/03 07:18 PM
Yes
Posted By: travelbum24 Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/13/03 07:21 PM
Bummer, Thanks for letting me know !!!
Posted By: ibirie Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/13/03 08:58 PM
We were told to just keep our Belikins in a bottle koozie and we had no problems at all.
Doesn't mean its legal but we ran all over the island and constantly had a beer in our hands and nobody ever said a word.
Posted By: KANSAS COWBOY Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/13/03 09:34 PM
2CD THAT,
OLE ! , AS WELL CONSTANTLY HAD A COLD ONE OF SOME SORT, WAS ASKED TO PUT A KOOZIE AROUND IT OR IN A CUP, .......DONT FORGET THE PANTY-RIPPERS!!
Posted By: kayesscee Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/14/03 07:30 PM
And here I thought it was illegal (or at least bad form) to NOT take a go-cup when bar-hopping. Go figure. Maybe that's why I can't remember how I get home most nights. wink

Seriously, I've never had a problem in the two months I've been here. I frequently take drinks with me, and since I had no idea there was anything wrong with doing so, have never made any attempt to hide them. No one has ever said anything to me, including the police. I think you'll be fine.

Kelly
Posted By: rickcheri Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/15/03 12:55 AM
COWBOY..you crazy F@#$##@....glad ya'll made it home OK!! Surely happy to met your aquantnance!! HEY JAKE!!! Good to party with ya'll! Angel Blessings!!! C&R
Posted By: rickcheri Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/15/03 12:59 AM
OOPS!!! Put it in a plastic glass, if you're leaving w/a drink from anywhere and are going to be "in public" ..bartenders will give you a "HYAG"..Haul your ass glass! Or use one of your own!!! C&R
Posted By: kerry Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/16/03 09:13 AM
here in louisiana we have go cups....i asked for one and was told about the "haul your ass cups"....had to laugh on that one....i walked around with my own go-cup the whole time i was on the island...never had a problem...i think that as long as you're kool with how you are presenting yourself....you shouldn't have a problem....
Posted By: KANSAS COWBOY Re: walk around with open liquor - 05/16/03 01:46 PM
HOWDY, CHERI & RICK !

WAS VERY PLEASED TO MAKE YOR AQUAINTANCE AS WELL, HAD A GREAT TIME HANGIN WITH YOU GUYS, AND ACTION AX & RAPIER, JAKE SAYS HI TOO,GREAT BENIFIT YA'LL HOSTED AT THE HIDEAWAY, HAD AN AWESOME TRIP REPORT READY TO POST & WHEN I HIT THE POST BUTTON I LOST IT , WILL HAVE TO TRY IT AGAIN,LOVED THE ISLAND SO MUCH THINKING OF MID DECEMBER FOR A QUICK RUN DOWN AGAIN,4-5 DAYS, GOT SOME GOOD PIC'S OF ALL YOU GUYS AT THE BENIFIT. CATCH YA LATER
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board