AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: bama In Search of the Perfect Margarita - 09/01/03 04:06 PM
After a determined search, the wife attests that Cannibals has the best Margarita on Ambergris Caye. Me, I am always in seach for the perfect key lime pie and Casa Picasso has the best I have very tasted. We just got back from our first trip to Belize and it was even better than you guys describe. We stayed a week at The Palms and highly recommend it. We have already booked a return trip for the last week of January, also at The Palms. We visited many of the other resorts. Caribbean Villas and Banyan Bay are both really nice but we don't need two bedrooms and Caribbean Villas is a bit of a hike from San Pedro. Victoria House was also really nice but a bit pricy for us and also quite isolated. All the resorts North we saw looked great and we might stay at one of them in the future but they are also very isolated and the water taxi would get expensive since we like a variety of foods. The Palms works for us very well with it's location and accommodating staff. We went on two half-day snorkeling trips. One to Hol Chan and the other to Mexico Rocks. We will go back to Hol Chan but probably not go back to Mexico Rocks unless we are staying at a resort North. We were going on a full day trip but the wife smashed her hand during a ride on water taxi (on her birthday) so will save that for the next trip. We spent about five hours in Caye Caulker, the day after the fires. It was sad seeing the smoldering what I understand was a nice place. Caye Caulker is not for us and we probably won't spend any more time there except for a stop on an all day snorkeling trip. We hope to get diving certified before our trip in January. We were very jealous of the stories we heard about the diving. Ambergris Caye is the most friendly place we have ever visited. It is very infectious. Even Pedro is nice. But then again that is just my opinion. Almost all the food we had on Ambergris Caye was great. We ate a couple of times at Jerry's Crab Shack and Blue Water Grill. Both are highly recommended. We had dinner one evening at Mata Chica. What a beautiful place and the food was outstanding. We will probably eat at Capicorn's our next trip, if it continues to get the same reviews. We understand it is changing ownership. Casa Picasso is different and we like different. We were the only guests the night we went. We ate lunch one day Mickey's in San Pedro. It was one of the best meals we had and one of least expensive. We think next trip we will eat more at more of the smaller places in San Pedro you have recommended and especially Mickey's. We love Ambergris Caye and are going to try and extend our January trip to 10 days so that we might spend a few days on the mainland. We heard some great stories from some other travelers. I have pictures and will try to get them posted tomorrow when I get back to work and transfer them to some editing software.
Posted By: Debbie Re: In Search of the Perfect Margarita - 09/05/03 03:27 PM
Ah ha!!! Another addicted traveler to Belize!! It's amazing how fast it happens isn't it? Glad you had a wonderful time. YOu don't waste any time in returning either!!! laugh Hope your January trip is as good or better...
Debbie
Posted By: mobunny Re: In Search of the Perfect Margarita - 09/05/03 04:02 PM
Great trip report. Nice to hear good things about The Palms. We have stayed at Ramon's (love it there) our first two trips and are thinking about the Palms next time only because we want to stay longer than a week and would want a kitchen and more room. Try eating at Cannibal's next time..they have great reasonably priced food - potato boats yum! I hope to post our trip report and pics this weekend. (I am having trouble finding the time to do this) It is amazing how quickly you become enchanted with AC. Can't wait to see your pics! mobunny laugh

PS. What floor are the one bedroom rooms at the Palms?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board