AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Hi all- I've been searching this awesome site for a few hours now, but could use some help...
A few years back there was this fantastic horizontal photo taken from the eastern part of the reef looking toward the whole shoreline of AC. It was taken sometime after 1996 and I was hoping to find it again...(amazing how much you relize you lost after your computer crashes on you! ) Thanks in advance for your help. Suzie confused
Yippee! I found it myself...

http://belize1.com/pages/photos/38b.html
laugh
wow...that's very impressive...

anyone know if there's a similar image going south from ramon's??
Suzie, You are becoming way to proficiant on this thing. Where is my ticket ? confused
nope there isn't!
(that i know of)

here it is with labels, relabelled most recently about a year ago.

//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/longview.html
I know it's not the shot you are looking for, but I thought there was an unbelievable shot of the island taken from an airplane. The photo I think was taken in the 50's. Marty, I am pretty sure I saw it on here.
peek at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/photos/63a.html

and click to see the big one, and the one with labels.

then go to the next picture,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/photos/64a.html
for a lil further south, and click to see the big one...
Ahh- yes thanks Marty- I forgot there was one with the names of the places. This is not only a cool shot - but very informative (at least for that part of the strip) Kudos to whomever took it.

...on another note: Dear Immissing, do we know each other? Maybe there is another Suzie you are refering to? If not - nice to meetcha. cool
Yeah, I guess it was another Susie, my fault!
They are the pics I was talking about. I think they are awesome. It's interesting to see what the area looked like prior to all the resorts.
the fellow shot those pics with super high rez film and camera, and i got really good scans made off the slides, and you can keep zooming in on the originals i have (too big of files to put onto the web) and nearly look into the windows of the homes 50 years ago. incredible
Marty, is it possible to put one or two of the zoomed in shots up? If possible, that would be very cool. TIA
it would be like a 80-100mb download each time. i'd get killed on bandwidth charges....
no killing allowed!
OK, no worries. I don't understand about that sort of stuff.
Anyone we know in those windows? laugh
3rd house on left - Piasano shaking his booty
I knew it, darned good eyes klc smile
here's looking at YOU kid
���
3rd house over, 2 streets up... what's that guy selling on the corner?
ziplocks
And I thought it was pineapple smile
oh, I can see why- the pineapple was IN the ziplocks. Selling the re-usable ziplocks, packed with free pineapple.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board