AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: OHKim Humane society - 11/20/03 03:13 PM
Has anyone had trouble bringing supplies in for the Humane Society? I am a drug rep on the animal health side and have accumulated a "stash" of product...am I going to have problems at the airport? And who do I contact once I am there to deliver the product?

Any advice would be appreciated!

We leave Cleveland at 6:30am tomorrow!

Yippeee! cool
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Humane society - 11/20/03 03:25 PM
my guess is that you'll never depart cleveland, got any herbs for a nervous horse?
Posted By: osowaldo Re: Humane society - 11/20/03 05:28 PM
right behind you
leave cleveland sunday 0900
safe travels

osowaldo
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Humane society - 11/20/03 05:46 PM
IMO you will have no problem-I,personally,would not declare anything,and just walk straight through customs.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Humane society - 11/20/03 06:16 PM
We take lots of stuff with us every time we go....pack it well and put it in between clothing on your checked luggage...if your going to AC-email/get in touch with SAGA Society. They only have a vet there on [email protected] will appreciate your donations..... laugh
Posted By: Phil Re: Humane society - 11/20/03 09:08 PM
I passed your message on to Eileen (Director of Saga) and on arrival if you can call 226 3266 or 226 2070 from the courtesy phone in the San Pedro terminal, someone will come and meet you at the airstrip. Alternatively the Saga Clinic is on Coconut Drive directly behind Ramons Village and there is someone there all day Friday as it is the day the vet visits, or each morning Mon - Thur. As was said earlier I would not declare the items and if they're questioned tell the truth, in that they are donated items.

Saga also asked me to pass on their heartfelt thanks for your efforts.
Posted By: OHKim Re: Humane society - 11/21/03 12:58 AM
Thanks for the info! I will be there this time tomorrow!
Posted By: kerry Re: Humane society - 11/21/03 09:33 AM
ohkim...hope you get this before you leave....i brought items down for saga in sept...i was concerned how it would be on the other end, as i had medical supplies also.....i asked the flight attendant on continental about what i should do on the form to fill out before landing, explaining what i was bringing in...she told me to leave that part blank, and explain to the customs officer, what i had with me and that they were donations for saga...the customs officer told me just to write on the declaration "donations" with no $ amount written...they did open bags, just to see if what i said, was truly in there, and then sent me thru....it took a whole 5 minutes, and i didn't have to worry about any hassles for not declaring....have a wonderful time, and say hello to eileen for me....kerry
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board