AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: DelawareBeachGirl Golf Cart Question - 01/11/04 03:12 PM
My husband and I will be arriving in AC next Sunday (can't wait! It's 11 degrees here in Delaware this a.m.). Anyway, we're staying at Mata Rocks and we're thinking of renting a golf cart. Should we reserve before we get there or will we be OK making the arrangements after we arrive? (Or should we have booked this ages ago?)
Posted By: Dan & Jan Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/11/04 06:34 PM
Last year my wife and I stayed at Banana Beach and they have carts that you can rent by the hour. I assume that they would also rent to people that are not staying at their resort. Remember that renting a cart there is just as expensive as renting a car stateside. We like to walk and only rented a cart twice during the week when we wanted to do some exploring. It is a long walk to town from there, but like you, it was -12 this week in Nebraska and walking on the beach is heaven. We will be back in March this year and can't wait. Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: MN Jeff Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/11/04 08:30 PM
I was down over the New Years week and still had plenty to choose from with no reservation. I think you'll be fine.
Posted By: Badco Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/11/04 08:43 PM
I would not book ahead, wait & compare prices as there are many companies. Once you get the lay of the land then you can book to fit your needs.Have a ball. smile
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 12:21 AM
A bit off, but I noticed Dan and Jan are from NE and will be in AC in March. Us, too. D&J, if you don't mind, where in NE and when will you be there. We're at home in Omaha and will be back on the island March 12-20, staying at BB and taking the kids.
Posted By: David G of CT Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 01:04 AM
we too are coming down next week (sat 1/17/03)
staying at costa maya reef-had the same type question on getting around. it was -1 here in ct.
maybe we will see you d+d (david and deb)
Posted By: Dan & Jan Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 03:31 AM
MJR Jan and I are in Bertrand, Ne and will be on the island March 6th - 13th. We will be staying at Captain Morgans this time but we were at BB last January. You will enjoy it. We just spent the weekend in Omaha for the Manheim Steamroller concert after Christmas. Had a great time.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 03:51 AM
Rental of golf carts, use to be 8 hrs for a half day price. First time I thought half day was 4 hrs and returned the cart way early. Things may have changed, ask around.
Posted By: DelawareBeachGirl Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 04:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. We'll wait until we get to AC to make any golf cart arrangements. David and Deb from Connecticut, hope we see you! Where is the Costa Maya Reef? Mata Rocks, where we're staying, is about 1-1/2 miles south of town.
Posted By: hacker Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 11:10 PM
hey....

Lewes ha....

Very cool....
spent a long time doin the dunes between rehobeth and dewey and all the way down to ocean city....
once again....
very cool....
your gonna love AC, mata rocks is great ask for sherly....
she'll set ya up....
hacker
Posted By: hacker Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 11:13 PM
hey....

David G....

Where in CT....

damn, we were there for Thanksgiving....

The key is , set up a bunch of people and get together....
Great stuff....
hacker
Posted By: hacker Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/12/04 11:16 PM
hey....

get the carts for the week....

Your all far enough from town....

have a great time....

wish I was there....

too cold....

say hey to Mr Cuervo for me....

hacker
Posted By: David G of CT Re: Golf Cart Question - 01/13/04 02:30 AM
hey hacker from terryville ct----
live near by in simsbury,my brother teaches school in terryville(5th grade i think)
any other tips on what to do or not to do-in ac-david
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board