AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tofino So, no swimming pool for non-guest, thanks. - 01/13/04 03:33 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the responses to my question. I certainly will not be using any swimming pools I can't pay for in San Pedro. And Pedro, I got your reprimand about staying home, working harder to bring more money to pay for the privilege of using the four-star products. I seem to have offended you personally and for that I apologize. I did mention that we will be in other parts of Belize for more than two weeks already spending some thousands of dollars, so we aren't really trying to cheat your country. Thanks to those of you who mentioned Coconuts, will certainly get permission and spend money there if we use their pool. Whew! Looking forward to my second trip to Belize. I really love the country.

tofino.
Tofino: I have been offered the use of several pools by friends(staff) at the resorts, however I have never accepted simply because I know that at tmes they become crowded with paying guests and I would be offended if I was paying for a place with a pool and people staying elsewhere were filling it up. Just my opinion.
Crockhunter
Yes I'm late in posting to this thread but had to add.

In three weeks in AC my kids and I visited about every resort/pool on AC with no problems. Of course we had a rica/drink/lunch at the same time.

Even over the holidays there was never a full pool area, the Belizian Shores pool was the only resort with a sign "guest use only". But the BS pool is a must see. Don't be shy!

Yes CocoNuts was a favorite stop. Just realize the pools are small by most standards. Cold to.
Tofino,

Don't feel obligated to apologize to Pedro. He's the one that's offensive. He is a business owner, but he's not a Belizean, and he really has a knack for being mean spirited. Don't let him put a damper on your trip~ San Pedro is a wonderful place and there are so many good people there. Enjoy!

Teenah
Teenah-thanks for the compliments-I keep forgetting that we know each other so well-I am not mean spirited and I am a naturlised Belizean-it is just one of my quirks that I believe that people should pay for what they receive-you on the otherhand obviously prefer to attempt to get something for nothing and think that you are being clever whilst doing this.
Originally posted by Pedro1:
Teenah-thanks for the compliments-I keep forgetting that we know each other so well-I am not mean spirited and I am a naturlised Belizean-it is just one of my quirks that I believe that people should pay for what they receive-you on the otherhand obviously prefer to attempt to get something for nothing and think that you are being clever whilst doing this.
What a crock of bull.
hummm, well my family would never think to just jump into a pool somewhere unless we were a guest or invited to do so.
That being said we also lunch/dine at many places with pools but do not think that entitles us to be able to use their pool, tennis courts, spas, etc. either.
I guess each their own values and ideas.
Not knockin anyone here... just what we do.
As a point of clarification, I would never use a pool at any resort unless I was staying there. Pedro please never assume you know me or what I think.

I thought this message board was here to encourage visitors and to promote business to the island. I wouldn't want anyone posting on this board to believe that Pedro's condescending manner is a representation of the business owners on the island. Is it good PR to blast potential visitors when you disagree with what they post? Isn't there a tactful way to respond without being so nasty?

That's the point of my post folks. If you can't say something nice...
Well, Teenah, you are the best, girl! So if a poster can't say something nice, then I guess the poster is Pedro, or seashell wink or one or two of Pedro's buddies.

You go girl. And by the way, I really *do* have a package on its way to you (um, as soon as I find the envelope and card I addressed to you and your daughter so many months ago) Naw, I wouldn't believe me either, but it's true. hee hee
I won't hold my breath Seashell wink
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board