AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: AnnieBananie Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/13/04 08:16 PM
Hello to all on the message board! I am having trouble reaching Caribbean Villas by email or phone. Does anyone have suggestions? Also, can anyone comment on Woody's 'Sunset View' rooms? I am looking for accomodations and wedding services in March. Can't wait! I guess I need to book SOON!
CV's recently sold. Maybe front office is going through transition?
We also are interested in staying at the Caribbean Villas, but in April. How far of a walk to San Pedro from there ?? Any pros/cons of staying there? I e-mailed them earlier today with some questions, will see if I get anything back.
Posted By: kerry Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/13/04 11:46 PM
stayed at corona del mar in october in a sunset view room...(#204)....real nice room....2 double beds, refrigerator, a/c, ceiling fans, table and chairs for 2 inside, cable tv....patio with table and chairs....excellent staff, and owners woody and helen are wonderful hosts....the view isn't the greatest from the room, but, just go downstairs, and you got it all....free breakfast and rum punch for guests....no pool, but guests at corona can go right next door to coconuts, and use their pool and hot tub....highly recommend it....will be back in the same room on may 23rd....
Posted By: rcwil Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/14/04 02:03 AM
I'm getting married and staying at Caribbean Villas March 30-April 7. I know that when we actually sent our payment it was to a US address. I have misplaced that address but will try to find it so you can try that phone number!

From what I hear CV is absolutely awesome! Hopefully the new owners will be as accomodating as the previous.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/14/04 03:19 AM
The new owner is at least as good as the last and he has anumber of teriffic ideas for improving what is already one of the premier resorts in Belize.
Phone nos. 011=501-226-2715
ring during the day
email: [email protected]
Posted By: Chris Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/14/04 05:30 PM
Phyllis; did you get a reply from Caribbean Villas to your email?
Thanks all!

Pedro, I get an odd busy signal at that number but see that the email is different from what I originally tried so I sent another.

Rcwil, if you find that number and it is different from what Pedro gave, please send it on! I will be in Belize (getting married and honeymooning) at around the same time as you!

Kerry, thanks for the input. I know I can't go wrong with either establishment. Haven't even been to the country and I love it already...
Yes, I did get a reply, it was signed Ampy ?? He/She answered all of my questions. The tours listed on their site sound very reasonable and we plan to book a couple. Never been night snorkeling, sounds really cool !!
They have bikes you can use during the day, 10 minute ride to SP, 20 minute walk. At night is there transportation back to the resorts if you don't feel like walking - taxi's ?? I can see walking to dinner, but after a few stops for cocktails it might be a long walk back !!
Posted By: Chris Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/14/04 09:22 PM
Phyllis;
That's very good news...glad you got through.

AnnieBananie: The number that Pedro gave was the whole number you would dial from the USA...there is nothing more to add. The "011" part is the access code for international phone calls from the USA, the "501" is the country code for Belize.

Of course, if you are not in the USA or Canada you will need to dial your country's international access code instead of the "011"
Posted By: rcwil Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/15/04 12:47 AM
AnnieBananie,

This information might be null and void since it has sold but the US mailing address and info is/was:
2333 Chris Circle
Manhattan, KS 66502
[email protected]

They might be able to give you some more information. Good luck.

Rebecca
Posted By: kerry Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/15/04 06:59 AM
phyllis...did a nite snorkle with fido's...it is a must do!!!! totally different at nite....excellent guides, see tony at fido's pier, and tell them kerry sent you....also great parasailing!!!! have a great time....
Kerry, Thanks for the info !! - how much did they charge ?? Carribean Villas has a tour (not sure who with) to Hol Chan (is this the same as shark/ray alley ??) for $45 per person ??
Posted By: kerry Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/16/04 08:29 AM
i believe for the nite snorkel, it was $25 per person, but, being that i was solo, to go out, i had to pay $50 .definitely worth it, in my opinion...i did the day snorkel with geraldo and fido badillo on the catamaran...i believe their pier is 2 north of amigos del mar, across from lily's hotel...the owners of lily's can get in contact with them for you...they came and picked me up at the pier in front of my hotel, and dropped me off there too....this was an all day trip, with 2 snorkel stops....hol chan marine reserve and shark ray alley.....in between we stopped for lunch on caye caulker...rum punch is included on board...lunch isn't...$50 for the day
Thanks Kerry !! So much to do - and we will only have 6 days !!
Posted By: Skyliner Re: Caribbean Villas - where are you? Etc. - 01/18/04 08:41 PM
We've done a night snorkel at Hol Chan twice with 'Lil Alphonse. Price was about $35/pp. Both trips were absolutely incredible and totally different from each other. Saw turtles, lobster, octopi and a very unusual wormlike creature. Alphonse is really passionate about the reef and the animals and it shows. And, he'll pick you up at whateve dock is closest to your hotel/condo.

We took our kids (16 & 20) on the second trip and they were absolutely blown away. One warning, however.... On one of the night trips we encountered swarms of small, biting, fly-like critters that were attracted to the underwater flashlights. Don't make the mistake of holding your light up next to your chest like my wife did - keep your arm extended away from your body.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board