AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sallystarlight Daydream Belizer - 01/27/04 03:07 AM
My plane to Belize leaves at 6:55 am on Wednesday (assuming the ice storms that plague Washington DC subside by then). I am counting the seconds. Thanks to everyone (OK, ALMOST everyone) on this board, I feel I've had a tantalizing preview of the laid back paradise of my dreams. From the photos and descriptions, San Pedro and its environs looks very similar to one of my other dream spots: Marsh Harbor on the island of Abaco in the Bahamas. Yes/No?

Thank you so much for the great advice. I will post a trip report when I return (2/5). Meanwhile, I hope that my path crosses with some of you while I'm there . . .watching the sunrise, admiring the sunset, sipping a rum punch ( or two or seven), dancing, laughing or just being languid.

See you there (I hope!)
Posted By: Bobber Re: Daydream Belizer - 01/27/04 04:55 PM
We will be in Saturday afternoon for 9 days. Never been to the Bahamas (seems a little too Yuppie for me) but if you like laid back you should like AC. Nobody scurrying around like anything is more important than just enjoying yourself, friendly people, good food and comfortable lodgings. The emotional feel of the place is unique. Get onto island time as quick as possible and just take your time. Take the time to talk to the people, pet the dogs and wave at the kids. Smile at everyone. Look at things, eat things you've never eaten and do things you've never done. Take pictures. Just enjoy your stay.
I hope our 9 days there go as slowly as the last 9 days waiting to go. I am majorly hyped.
Posted By: sallystarlight Re: Daydream Belizer - 01/27/04 08:02 PM
Thanks Bobber! Turns out American cancelled my flight from DC to Miami tomorrow, so I'm flying out this evening. Vacation starts a day early. Have heeded your words of wisdom and plan to turn my brain to "languid" immediately upon takeoff. Enjoy your return visit!
Posted By: BankerWoman Re: Daydream Belizer - 01/27/04 08:13 PM
Marsh Harbour,Abaco and Ambergris Caye the same? No. Have been to both MH and AC and they are quite different. Just depends on what you're looking for on which one you prefer.

Have a great vacation!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board