AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dave in WSNC How Casual - 02/09/04 05:25 AM
Making my first trip to AC in May. Been reading about shorts/t-shirt/barefeet. Staying at the Sundiver, and getting some ideas for dinning, and some of the restaurants, at least from their websites, appear to be a bit more formal than casual. Are shorts ok everywhere? What about T-shirts, I would think some of the restaurants, would require a little more?
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: How Casual - 02/09/04 06:05 AM
T-shirts will do for any place on the island. Casual is the watchword.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: How Casual - 02/09/04 03:13 PM
OK guys, I'll let you in on a secret - even on vacation some of us females like to see our men looking swell. Part of being together in paradise is falling in love again. Restaurants don't require dressing up, but you'd be amazed what might happen after dinner if you do.
PS - by "dressing up" I mean docker-style shorts, a shirt with buttons and clean hair (shoes not required).
Posted By: snoopycat Re: How Casual - 02/10/04 01:54 AM
I'm with you, Diane. I like to dress for dinner while on vacation. I plan to take a few sundresses when I visit AC in April.

As I will be staying at Portofino, we will most likely have most of our dinners there. Will I look way out of place wearing a sundress?

I'm happy to leave the shoes at home!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: How Casual - 02/10/04 04:11 PM
Sundresses are perfecto. Also tank tops and tropical sarongs.
There are a few dynamite women's clothing stores here (fun beachy feminine things) - try a visit to Mambo Chill for starters.
Posted By: mikell Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 12:50 AM
hi diane...

i always like to pick up a couple of pieces of clothing when i'm on vacation...things that will remind me of my trip when i wear them...like sarongs or summer dresses/skirts...

you mentioned dynamite women's clothing shops...where would i find these? what are the prices like?
Posted By: snoopycat Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 01:01 AM
Alright!! Sunshine, palm trees, snorkeling, rum drinks, and SHOPPING!! Sounds like paradise to me.

I especially like the "no shoes" idea. Can I go into any shop or restaurant shoeless? Are the streets in town clear of any broken glass, etc., that I won't need shoes when going into SP?

Can't wait to get to AC.
Posted By: klcman Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 01:38 AM
commmon signs on doors-

"No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem" - although I think the former applies only to those of the male gender (despite what Toad might wish for) wink
Posted By: toad Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 01:41 AM
if you feel you must dress up, i seriously doubt you are gonna go anywhere without shoes...
Posted By: denverdan Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 05:20 AM
I actually feel better and "I" think look better in a sundress and no shoes. However I always wear slippers (flipflops) while there for many reasons. eek
Posted By: klcman Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 05:31 AM
oh poo laugh
Posted By: denverdan Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 05:36 AM
:p
P.S. I loved that comment about the cheese! wink
Posted By: seashell Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 07:37 AM
Lots of people run around shoeless, but I'm not one of them anymore. There is broken glass here and there, and nails and such and then like KLC said, oh poo.

I once stepped onto a little piece of coral in the sand. It cut my foot and became infected.
Posted By: toad Re: How Casual - 02/11/04 02:37 PM
thought so...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board