AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: raskage 4wheelers and logistics - 02/15/04 05:48 AM
Does anyone rent 4wheelers? or just golf carts?

we're staying at mata chica. can anyone give me a sense of the distance from town? If i were to look on a map, is there a landmark that would show me where it is?

how far apart are the other hotels at the north end?
Posted By: rcwil Re: 4wheelers and logistics - 02/15/04 05:05 PM
I don't have any information regarding renting 4 wheelers but my guess is no as I have been hanging around this message board for almost a year and haven't seen a thread or any information posted. However, you should rely upon the experts for that type of information.

As far as the map....
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

Try this one. Mata Chica is pretty far above the cut. I've never stayed up there but this should give you a fairly good idea. From what I understand it's pretty difficult to navigate the "road" above the cut so a lot of people use water taxis to travel to town and back.

You might try doing a seach of the messages for "above the cut" or "north end" it is AMAZING what you'll find.

Good luck!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: 4wheelers and logistics - 02/15/04 11:35 PM
I'd have to look at a map, but it's probably about 5 miles from town. Long way by cart. I ran out of juice up there this summer. If you're going to be driving around a lot up there you'd want a gas cart.

--Lan Sluder
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board