AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Redheada Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 09:40 PM
Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to have charter someone to take us snorkeling and then drop us off on a secluded beach - or empty private island for a couple of hours and then come back and retrieve us when we want?

I have searched the board and have not seen this request before and I am wondering if anyone knows if we can do that.

cool
Posted By: ga peach Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 10:24 PM
We did that in Turks and Caicos and it was great. I haven't heard of anything in Belize like that but what a great idea.....
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 11:14 PM
Secluded beach? Empty island? No room for refreshments, too full of bug spray.
Posted By: Redheada Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 11:25 PM
???
Posted By: Redheada Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 11:28 PM
My husband and I like the idea of being able to hang out at a private location for a few hours, possibly swim and sunbathe - - - Alone.

We are just trying to figure out how to do this.
Posted By: DoubleE Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/26/04 11:44 PM
For the right price I am sure you could find a boat to charter. They may be worried about the liability of leaving you as there are currents and such! It will be interesting what you find out!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/27/04 03:54 AM
Not quite what you ask, but Protech and I'm sure several other dive centers will take you on a private boat to a quiet beach at the northern end of the island and let you bathe, snorkel or what you will for as long as you want. They'll lay on meals as you want or provide you with the food for you to do it yourselves. So long as safety and Tour Guide rules aren't infringed they'll leave you there and pick you up later if that's what you want.
Posted By: Redheada Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/27/04 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info Pedro! We will look into doing that.
Posted By: GailM Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/27/04 05:34 PM
Most any of the tour operators will do private charters, if you are willing to pay for it. I talked to Seaduced about this the other day for a honemoon couple.
Now, for the secluded island: used to be this wasn't hard to find but is doable if you chose the right day. The cruise ships are visiting many of the undeveloped islands (especially one of my old favorites - Rendevous Caye).
Also, as Peter said, you could try north Ambergris but no guarantee that other humans may have the same idea on the same day.
Posted By: Redheada Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/27/04 08:20 PM
Were you given a quote - Im am curious how much it would cost
Posted By: kcwaterbug Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/27/04 09:42 PM
We didi this through Ramon's and had a great time...spearfished for our lunch and they cooked it on a secluded beach over an open fire...special time that day!!
Spearfish? Ooooh, the last time I brought that up around here, the touchy-feely types got all up in fins over it. Glad to hear I'm not the only u/w hunter 'round here... wink
Posted By: Big Frank Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/28/04 06:58 PM
That will be easy to do for, I guess $150 us. Most hotel/dive shop will set up a 1/2 day snorkle, fish & cook what you catch trip. That was the highlight of my trip, set up thru the Caribe Island dive shop. There were two couples and Eloy was the captain of a ...16ft outboard. we stayed inside the reef and I only ate 4 lobster tails.
Posted By: Redheada Re: Lunch trip to private secluded beach? - 02/28/04 08:10 PM
Oh my

60 days and counting laugh
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board