AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: C from UK Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 12:43 PM
Goody - look what I managed to do with your help! - noticed your advice about profile and went in and changed my Avatar (didn't know what it was called) - thanks - I'm gradually getting there! - it's my son's favourite fish that's why I chose it - he'll be dead chuffed when he gets home from school!
Posted By: goody2shuz Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 12:52 PM
Caroline...Good for you laugh laugh Glad to be of some help, as you will learn, most boarders are here to assist and go the extra mile for you. I'm still not able to embed the pics....but I've learned to live with it!! Will probably master that by the end of my next trip.....oh, when will that be? My heart is still in Belize and my body is here pulling me in that direction. frown ...keep up the good work...Goody
Posted By: Bobber Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 01:44 PM
Checking my new avatar, if it doesn't work, what's the secret?
Posted By: Bobber Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 01:45 PM
guess it didn't work.
Posted By: Chloe Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 01:47 PM
Did you remember to click...update profile at the end?
Posted By: C from UK Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 01:55 PM
Chloe and Bobber, Yes, that's what I forgot to do the first time - update profile.

Goody - thanks for all your help. You'll get there in the end with your photos. At least we are able to share your vacation by viewing them another way. They are absolutely terrific and I'm really enjoying your reports. Keep up all your good work. I can't wait till we go at Christmas!
Posted By: Bobber Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 01:59 PM
yes I did. Does it have to be in a .gif format, or will JPEG work?
Posted By: Bobber Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 02:05 PM
I put in the URL, hit set url, update profile, nothing happens.
Posted By: C from UK Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 02:17 PM
Bobber, can't help there I'm afraid - I used one of their images so don't know what format an independent one is saved in. How about dragging one off onto your desktop and it should have .jpg or whatever it is after it's name or 'get info' from it (Although I am Apple Mac - it may be different with a PC). Sorry, I'm a bit of a beginner to this stuff.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 02:31 PM
When in doubt, I asked Marty. He helped when we first got these avatars. His address is at the bottom of this page.
Contact Us.....see it?
Honestly, he will assist if he can.

We went through this a couple years ago with another avatar I saw and was going to share. It wasn't one to be shared, it had a security setting on the site from where I found it.

Ask Klc, he bout went nuttier (( hug )), trying to help me laugh
Posted By: goody2shuz Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 03:07 PM
And even nuttier to help me...still not able to do it.... was hoping to for Mikell's Birthday...perhaps my fairy godmother will intervene(hint,hint)....Goody
Posted By: fuzzy_navel Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/23/04 11:30 PM
Bobber - Once you enter the url where your avatar is located, then click 'set url', THEN on the left hand side click 'select this avatar', and then click 'update profile'. That's how I got mines to work. Jenn
Posted By: Marty Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/24/04 03:23 PM
if in doubt, send me the image, i'll avatar it for you. [email protected]

but for now, make sure its on a webserver somewhere and not just on your machine
Posted By: klcman Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/24/04 05:58 PM
yup went nutty all right, so they tell me and they still have me in those funny jackets with the long sleeves that wrap around to the back and have me drinking this awful tasting syrupy stuff every 4 hours ... heard them talking about some nurse named Cratchett or some such and some guy named Nicholson earlier...... I dunno what to make of it

and the walls in here are really cushiony, feels something like a tire.

confused
Posted By: NYgal Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/24/04 06:21 PM
BOING BOING BOING.....slurp slurp and how is your visit?

I will come again and visit after this next trip to the land of Belize smile
Posted By: goody2shuz Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/25/04 11:13 PM
Sorry I put you over the edge, klcman. I wish it worked from this end...but it didn't. Se la Vi...I put it to rest and am grateful for your time & effort...so come out from that rubber padded room and get back to work doing what you do best...and what shall we call it...help me out NYgal wink
Posted By: klcman Re: Goody - look what I managed to do! - 04/26/04 11:17 PM
c'est la vida
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board