AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Liz K Can't wait to visit in June! - 04/27/04 05:40 PM
We are planning our first trip to AC in June. What's the weather like then? I have heard rainy? After reading through many of the topics I can't wait! We purchased a package at Aqua Marina Suites (the price was great) however, I am a little concerned with the location! Any tips and information would be appreciated!
Posted By: BiggieFL Re: Can't wait to visit in June! - 04/27/04 07:54 PM
Weather is much different between Belize(mainland) and A/C. I am going from 6/4-6/11 and will post weather when I get back. Who did you book through? I did Capricorn.net and they were fantastic.
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Can't wait to visit in June! - 04/27/04 08:06 PM
Liz, my wife and I stayed at Aqua Marina first week of March. We liked it very much. The staff is good and will take care of your needs. We loved the location downtown. You are close to a lot that is going on as far as restaurants and shopping and most of the night life. You also can interact with the people more than if you are at one of the isolated places. But we all have different likes. It is not the best beach , but most on the island aren't that nice. It is not a white sand kind of place. You'll forget about that real quick. The restaurant at Aqua Marina is not a noted one. We only had breakfast once and it was ok. Did not have any other meals there. There are plenty of great places to eat all over town. Make sure you have breakfast at Estel's right down the beach from where you are. Best breakfast in town and right on the beach. Go early and watch the town wake up. Say hello to Gregory, he totes the bags and does maintenance. A real nice guy. Tell him Jack who gave him the Red Sox hat says hello.
Posted By: Liz K Re: Can't wait to visit in June! - 04/28/04 03:30 PM
We bid for our trip on E-Bay..we did the same last year when we went To St. John. We are finalizing exact dates..hopefully the first week in June. Thanks for the insight on Aqua Marina..It's great to hear everyones experiences in AC! I am assuming we can visit all of the resort's beaches? Which are the best? How about the best snorkeling spots? We will make sure to visit Estel's & I will make sure to say hello to Gregory for you, Jack! Red Sox hat...maybe I'll bring him a White Sox hat!! We are celebrating our 20th anniversary..leaving our children with their Aunt & Uncle. Can't wait to explore AC!
Posted By: Jack and Rose Re: Can't wait to visit in June! - 04/28/04 04:31 PM
Liz have a great time. We celebrated our 24th in San Pedro on Mar 1st. You can sit down on any beach as they are not private. A lot of places don't mind even if you sit on their chairs. You can also snorkle off the Piers. A good one is at Ramon's & they welcome you do do it. Damn I wish I was back at Aqua Marina!! Enjoy
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board