AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Arcadia Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 12:32 PM
We are planning on returning to Belize in 3/05 and are looking for a hotel on the beach that has a kitchenette. A friend mentioned the Myan Princess saying that it was centrally located, clean and very reasonably priced. We are staying for 2 weeks+ so price does get to be an issue. Am I in for any surprises? Thanks.
Posted By: govikes Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 01:25 PM
Mayan Princess is a wonderful place to stay, the rooms are great; get one that's not on ground level so you can sleep with the balcony doors open. Location is real handy to everything right in town.
Posted By: GailM Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 02:21 PM
I have stayed there a few times and it is very nice.
Posted By: ckocian Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 02:46 PM
Each unit is individually owned and furnished by the owner. It's run like a hotel in the sense that it has a front desk where reservations, etc. are handled but no restaurant/bar on the premises. However, as was said previously, it's convenient to everything in SP Town by foot. No pool. No elevator. Can't think of anything else that might surprise you. Accommodation-wise it's a very, very nice place to call your temporary home.
Posted By: seashell Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 03:33 PM
The Mayan is a great place to stay. I agree with govikes, get a room on the second or third floor. The units are quite nice and the patios are fabulous. Location is great for access to most anywhere.
Posted By: captjeff Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/09/04 04:02 PM
mayan princess nice ,no pool I a stay at aqua marina suites good prices , small pool ,very clean and almost new , nice staff but get room right side of hotel ask for the ones with big wraparound balcony,go live the dream and enjoy ..
Posted By: Arcadia Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/10/04 02:22 AM
Thank you. We will be booking as soon as my wife and I can agree on dates. Thanks again.
Posted By: RMT Re: Myan Princess?? - 06/10/04 03:36 AM
dduflo,

I ditto everyone elses comments on the Mayan Princess. We just stayed there for our third time in March and still continue to enjoy it. We too always stay more than 2 weeks and they will give you a great price when you do. The managers Rusty and Sheila are extremely nice and will take great care of you. We have stayed on the first, second and third floors. Like the others stated make sure you do get the second or third floor! Also the rooms look just like the pics on their website so no suprises! Have a wonderful time!! Rhonda
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board