AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: LaurieMar Spa/Massage on AC - 07/17/04 01:45 AM
28 days to go until my vacation! I really want to get a great massage and possibly some other type of spa treatment (not a facial). I thought I read about some new place, Sol Spa?

Anybody ever had a massage there? Comments?
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/17/04 03:32 PM
Vickie Campbell at Tropical Touch
TP at 226 2936
Posted By: Magnum Belize Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/20/04 05:28 PM
Katie,

Any more info about Tropical Touch? Where is it located and is there a web site for prices?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/20/04 06:01 PM
Laurie,
While I have never had a massage, I can tell you that Butch swears by Sol Spa. Carrie is wonderful, (and has been known to come to Caribe Island to do in room, or on the beach massages-- we have our own table to make it even easier). If you choose to go to her Spa, it's lovely. Very serene, beautifully decorated, and I've never heard one complaint about Sol Spa (Carrie or her staff), and we have been working with them for over 2 years now.
Cheerz,
Vicki
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/23/04 08:44 PM
Thanks Vicki. When I get down there, I will see if you guys can help me hook up with her.
Posted By: Bzedoll Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/24/04 09:37 PM
Definately try Carrie at Sol Spa!
She is great. The only massages I have ever had were at her Spa. The phone numbr to reach her is 501-226-2410.

Her spa is at the Purple building in the center of Town "Vilma Linda Plaza"
Posted By: jford Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 07/26/04 06:43 PM
My wife and I were there last month and called a lady named Rosario who was recommended by a some locals. We stayed at Ramon's and she came right over and gave of us massages right on the beach....it was unbelieveable. One hour massage was $50us and well worth it. She said she has been doing it over 20 years and I believe it!
I don't have her number but I'll bet your hotel could tell you how to reach her.
Posted By: Kez Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 08/13/04 02:38 PM
Has anyone ever been to the Jade Spa? I think it's somewhere north of San Pedro. It's mentioned on the Portofino website.
Posted By: Sandbender Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 08/17/04 09:03 PM
If you want a real deep therapeutic massage, go see Karen at Tropical Touch. She fixed my back in one session after I spent too much time in a small boat in big waves.

Their website is down right now (?) but as with most SP businesses you can find it from this very website!
Posted By: Sandbender Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 03/01/05 06:33 PM
Update: Karen now has her own "Spa" at the Tennis Club; Also has an assistant on the weekends, Harold Zuniga from Belize City with an incredible list of credentials and some fun tools (electricity, needles, whatever u need).
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 03/01/05 08:42 PM
The Jade Spa is at Mata Chica.
Posted By: MiAlisa Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 03/05/05 01:53 AM
Im so new to this forum.. I don't know how to start a new topic, but this is close enough.. coming to ac in april 21-29. and can't wait, but there is one thing missing for me... and that is YOGA. Although I do my own I would love to experience some type of sessions there... Does anyone know of any classes in AC, with whom and where???? thanks a bunch for your imput...
Posted By: MARG Re: Spa/Massage on AC - 03/05/05 08:38 AM
Originally posted by MiAlisa:
there is one thing missing for me... and that is YOGA
Hi. I don't know the answer; others may respond soon, but in the meantime, you might do a "search" and will probably get some answers.

Have fun.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board