AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rastapasta Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/27/04 11:06 PM
Sooooo Sorry guys but due to the powers that I had no control over we have been closed down at Coconuts with no notice so sorry I would have warned you...THANKS for all your support for the San Pedro location, I really felt back at home again and really enjoyed working with Margie and being around all of my extended family again in San Pedro....Still considering reopening again in San Pedro any ideas??? There is only one me and they can only try to imitate but it will never be the same. You can still find our salsa and spices in San Pedro but for now I'm back at my home in Caye Caulker The restaurant doing great please come and visit we aren't that far...
Please don't forget we are CLOSED on Wednesday's
Love you all Maralyn
Posted By: mobunny Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/27/04 11:18 PM
That just plain sucks. I was so looking forward to eating there next week. I hope you'll find another home for your place in SP soon. Best wishes to you! mobunny
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 12:19 AM
who did this to you, Maralyn? We'll break their knees! mad

I know, I know, one love and everthing *sigh*

You & Rasta Pasta are the best. I hope you find another location on SP soon -- but until then, folks better do themselves a favor and get on over to Caulker for a deeeelicious meal.
Posted By: Madarass Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 03:15 AM
What a shame. I coming to San Pedro next week for Costa Maya and am staying at Coconuts. I enjoy the food in Cay Caulker. When I was last at Coconuts in January I don't believe Rasta Pasta was there.
Posted By: Gela Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 06:21 AM
Without getting into details, Coconuts has never been the same since changing ownership. I too am sorry that I will miss Maralyn.

My visit to AC is short this time, but next visit, I will enjoy Rasta Pasta on Caye Caulker for sure!

Best of luck Maralyn. I feel I know and love you smile
Posted By: Everglades Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 03:48 PM
Best Wishes Maralyn for continued success.
Posted By: knowell Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 06:23 PM
That is too bad. We were there a few weeks ago and it was one of the best meals we had. Hope you are open again by the time we come back. Good luck.
Posted By: Tom Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/28/04 11:48 PM
Maralyn,
Geez, just wgen I was getting ready to suprise you with a visit while I am down. Guess I will have to make my way over to Caulker. You were right next door. We will chat when I get there, coming in on Aug.2nd.
Kat/Tuki Tuki
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/29/04 05:23 PM
Shoot, I never even got a chance to eat there. Guess I will have to venture over to CC in a couple of weeks to eat!
Posted By: denverdan Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/29/04 07:21 PM
frown
Dang, I never did either Laurie. BUMMER!!!
CC it will be, but NOT on Wednesdays, I already made that mistake.
Posted By: growsnomoss Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/29/04 09:21 PM
What's the best way to get from san pedro to caye caulker? (taxi boat, I assume)
Anyone have details? (Price, location, travel time, hours or operation, etc?)
Rasta sounds good, I think I'll check it out in august...
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/30/04 01:35 AM
O.K., now I get it... you all are admitting to coming to Caye Caulker... and not visiting me, but then again, maybe I missed you... oh dear... since I'm closed on Monday and I'm working at home on Tuesdays, but there's always Wednesdays to Sundays. Anyways, we're sorry to hear about Maralyn closing her restaurant in San Pedro, but Caye Caulker fares better (tee hee) we get her here full time again!!! Back to good ole Caye Caulker where the only one complaining is... Wish Willy. I'm not complaining, I missed her.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/30/04 11:02 AM
I would have, Lee, but when I was on Caulker, you were gallivanting -- either the States, Guatemala, somewhere. I want to see your studio sometime, plus I hear you are the local connection for those needing a chocolate fix :p
Silk, you know i always come visit you when i am there. i am your most loyal fan. see you soon! good and hot weather this trip.
Posted By: kathyw Re: Rasta Pasta Closed Down at Coconuts - 07/30/04 04:53 PM
Coconuts loss and ours as well. Maralyn Soo sad to hear they did this to you. (without any warning is worse) You have some of the best food around and we just love it. Rasta Pasta brought in lots of people for their famous food and just to see and talk to you. Sure hope you find another place in San Pedro. Until then, we will see you in Caye Caulker
Ric & Kathy
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board