AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: SQUASHBUNY Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/02/04 12:19 PM
Has anyone had problems with Caribe Island Resort?
I have contacted them several times to make a reservation, havent heard back from them. They have my credit card number and were suppose to be holding dates for me but no conformation like they said they'd send, and my credit card has not been charged so, I'm wondering whats going on there????? I call but get no return phone call This has been going on over a month. I need lodgings.....Is there something I need to know>>>>> should I try to find alternate lodgings???
Thanks for any info or suggestions.
Anna
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/02/04 01:20 PM
They usually read this board, so perhaps they will see and respond.
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/02/04 09:21 PM
I just returned from a week stay and Caribe and it was fantastic. I had no problem with them returning my e-mails, etc. Try again.
Posted By: sslrn Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/02/04 11:14 PM
Looking for reviews for Journey's End Resort. We are intrigued by their website as we are looking for something low-key and not big resort-ish like a Wyndham, etc. We need snorkling and a beach, preferably some snorkling off the beach. I don't need consierge-type service but like good service and clean, accommodatations. Journey's End was on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous but the only review's online I've read have been negative saying it's run down and service is substandard. Looking for comments and suggestions for other places close to reef snorkling in Belize. I understand that it is quite possible the reviews I read could be from people who are disgruntled for other reasons so if you have a positive response I'd like to hear it too. Thanks! Can't wait to get to Belize this November!
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/02/04 11:36 PM
I have had trouble with emails & confirmations to/from Caribe Isl lately as well. It normally is a great place but they seem to have some office problem going on. Vicki????

Journeys End seems to be resting on it's laurels from the "rich & famous" days. There are better places.
Posted By: SQUASHBUNY Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/03/04 03:50 PM
Thanks Barbara,
Glad to know it's not just me!
smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caribe Island Resort Problems - 09/04/04 06:01 AM
Hi you guys,
Sorry for the problems and confusion. I'm not sure what is wrong, but we are checking it out.
Barb, I believe you are currently in contact with Ada, and Squashbuny-- please let me know if you are still not getting your emails. Our records show that we have sent you several emails, and they are not being returned. We do have your reservation, and are ready for your visit.
Cheerz,
Vicki
Anna, stay safe over these next few days.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board