AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: captjeff jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/19/05 05:05 PM
well fishing and what have you party fun ,fans I am going down ,god be willing sat jan 22 and on the 23 of jan sunday after fishing with capt bicho .I will be at the famous bbq at b'c 's on the beach... who is going to give me a big hug ????.. I will be there around 1 pm ..getting ready again to live the dream big time ..
Posted By: Wayne-o Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/19/05 08:50 PM
We will be at b'c's as well,this time we are bringing 2 newbies to live the dream! I will introduce you but it will be just you and me fishing as they do not fish--thier lose.
Posted By: captjeff Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/19/05 09:11 PM
we will try to hook up with you and go fishing one day have capt bicho booked most of the week if not capt bicho ,his son nesta also a great fishing guide like father like son .....you have my cell 600 9650 ..see ya sun
Posted By: Wayne-o Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/19/05 09:21 PM
if you have any openings at all with Bicho,let me know what day. Since it is just me I can go along with someone else if they don't mind. Maybe another giant grouper will come our way again this year??
Posted By: Wayne-o Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/19/05 09:23 PM
It is SNOWING can not wait till Fri.
Posted By: skullyboy Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/20/05 07:50 AM
about 6 more hours. can't wait. Jeff' looks like we'll be in town about the same time. At Caribe Island. Maybe try to hook up for a beer. I would like some of your advice.
Posted By: Mona Lisa Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/20/05 04:32 PM
Look forward to meeting all you! 4 of us from Chicago, where it is snowing and snowing and snowing. With the shut down I'm hoping the airport will be up and running fine! cool

See you at BC's... think we'll be able to catch a view of the playoffs there??
Posted By: captjeff Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/20/05 04:48 PM
skully call me 6009650 we will meet .mona lisa see ya on the 23 of jan ..
Posted By: Travelingal Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/21/05 04:17 AM
I had THE most wonderful time on AMBERGRIS CAYE. What a week! My first time to the area, Ambergris caye. My brother has four lots on the south end of the island, the seawall is finally in, the dock coming in a couple weeks. He was there to check on the property and get building going, and he and his wife invited me to come.
This was the most relaxing time I have ever had on a vacation. We have our own condo in Maui,Hawaii, and we go there often, but Ambergris was just well, something out of a novel. Snorkeled at Ho-Chan, and swam with sharks and rays, and no, I was not scared. These 6-8 footers do not have teeth, and they are So soft!
We stayed at the PARADISE VILLAS, an average condo complex, nice pool, oceanfront, met some wonderful people staying there. HAve never been to a place where golf carts or bicycles are the main mode of transportation, it was really fun. the local people really nice and friendly, the food-Cheap and FABulous! what can I say? the weather was p-e-r-f-e-c-t, and every morning we would turn on the weather channel to see the "lovely" weather my brother was missing in MAMMOTH LAKES, where he works.(19 feet of snow from Xmas time til Jan 10!) We were there from Jan 5-12.
MY FUN PLACES:
Fido's-Fun reggae and rock n roll, and good eats!
BC's BBQ on SUNDAY! TO die for!
(I had the seafood mix, OMG! Yummy!)
Caramba-Our "expensive" dinner-a whoopin $19.00 U.S. for double lobster tail. though not huge, they were yummy with garlic butter, rice n beans, salad, and complimentary cerviche & chips.

ELVIE'S- PRETTY DECENT FOOD, THEIR CALAMARI was awful, but everything else good.

Lunch at Captain Morgan's-nothing great, just ok.
(Look I KNOW they filmed Temptation Island here, but the units are just average, clean, but average in US terms, and the resort too far away from everything. Don't think I would want to stay here)
Ramone's-breakfast, once., ok, again, nothing great just ok.
Lots of local mom n pop places- THOSe were the scrumptious eats!we LOVED them!
Wet Willy's-now HERE is a kick back place where you get a cheap breakfast, stupendous view, and a little waitress who was so sweet! great breakfast here, even ordered potatoes with it & it wasn't on the menu, and no charge.(breakfast $4.00 US)
The only thing I would change on my next trip is - bring my own cereals,chips, and snacks. The three larger groceries on the caye can break you in a couple days, NO LIE.
Other than that I LOVE it here. and am going back in a couple months!
WHITE sand...so soft....palms....warm water...not a lot of people....THAT was heaven wink
Posted By: bongeo Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/24/05 06:13 AM
Hi all, I've read alot about this BBQ, 6 of us will be in AC on the 25th, What is the BBQ all about? Thanks
Posted By: klcman Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/24/05 06:52 AM
it's about eating good food laugh
Posted By: bongeo Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/24/05 07:03 AM
nothing wrong with good food! what time does it start on Sunday's? Sounds like the place to be.
Bon
Posted By: Fluffy Re: jan 23 bbq at b/c's who is going . - 01/25/05 02:24 AM
You may want to get there around 11:00 a.m. It has always been extremely busy by that time and you will have to wait about an hour sometimes a little more to get your food. But no worries...there is alot of Belikin and Rum Punch to drink.

Stop by Crazy Canucks afterward and have a drink with the bartenders Christian or Rick. It is a few resorts south of BC's. They have the coldest beer on the island. I swear. Several times I've gotten a beer and it had ice on the bottle.

I just returned home last night and can't wait to get back. Shooting for a trip in May.

Enjoy. You will have the time of your life.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board