AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: LJ Just Back - 02/28/05 03:22 AM
Just got back from Banana Beach Feb. 19-26th
Everything was great.Lan Sluder's books are right on target,helped a lot.Trip Report to follow soon,as soon as I get caught up here at home.
Posted By: Tami jo Re: Just Back - 02/28/05 07:55 AM
was at bananna beach for carnivale and jerry jeff concerts. the staff at bananna beach is wonderful ! the view from a beach front room is so soothing too. the pork chop dinner is especially good, I guess i could go on and on missing it already, made some great friends with many locals, if your looking to make your own day trip see earnest there, the boat is bare bones but you can plan the day. we went to key caulker and rented a cart to see island, had lunch, then on the way back snorkeled the wall and also did some fishing and had fresh conch ceviche.All for a resonable cost.the memories are priceless!
Posted By: Carib Traveler Re: Just Back - 02/28/05 04:06 PM
Who'd U rent the bareboat from? $?
Posted By: spiker Re: Just Back - 02/28/05 05:55 PM
If you mean "Bareboat" as in your own boat to skipper, from what I understand there is no such thing in AC. His term bareboat, I think meant no frills.

JB
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Just Back - 02/28/05 07:59 PM
When you say bare bones does that mean you rent the boat yourself? I am going to Banana Beach in May and I am interested in a day of scuba, snorkling, fishing, and who knows what else. There will be 6 of us. I can operate a boat myself but it would be great to hire someone that knows there way around.
Posted By: hawkgirl Re: Just Back - 02/28/05 11:36 PM
Call Tulu!!
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Just Back - 03/01/05 02:49 PM
Can Tulu handle 6 people and what's his phone number?
Posted By: CyaBye Re: Just Back - 03/01/05 02:51 PM
Unless something has changed, TMM rents Bareboats on AC. They are located at the south end of San Pedro by BC's. 1-800-633-0155, WWW.sailtmm.com

Joe
Posted By: klcman Re: Just Back - 03/01/05 03:20 PM
they may, but for 7 day catamaran charters - not the day fishing boat the query related to. Me thinks what Tami meant was Ernest(?)would privdee you a boat & he would eb the captain - the rest is up to you....do what you want, go where you want, you handle the rest ( gear, grub, beer, etc)
Posted By: hawkgirl Re: Just Back - 03/01/05 08:16 PM
Tulu's phone -11 226 2287.
Posted By: hawkgirl Re: Just Back - 03/01/05 08:17 PM
I mean 011 226 2287
Posted By: egcntrk Re: Just Back - 03/02/05 01:57 AM
Yes, Tulu can handle six people. [Another Tulu fan here.] You won't be disappointed. Just tell him what you want.
Posted By: Tami jo Re: Just Back - 03/03/05 01:22 AM
klcman was correct, what I meant by barebones was do not expect a tour boat with rows of seats and fancy canopy's. earnest was our guide for the day, the nice thing, it was all on our schedule, we went to caye caulker, there we rented a cart for 1 hour and toured the small island, learning about it's history and fauna. there is no itinerary so if you want to stop for a colada or belikan no problem shopping too, no problem. next we had lunch on the island at a small cafe type place, excellant food for a great price too. from there we snokeled the coral wall it was unexplainable just have to see for yourself. from there we did a little fishing while our guide made us fresh conch ceveiche to snack on. it was a wonderful day like three trips in one (8.30 am to 3.30pm ) we hooke op with earnest down by bananna beach, should'nt be to hard to find
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board