AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: belizelaw Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/01/05 05:23 PM
Our family is heading back to A.C. over Christmas (woo-hoo!) this year. My parents, in their early 60s, have never been before. They've got an interest in birding, and I'd like to set us up on a tour. I know about Caribbean Villas' sanctuary, but what about actual tours?

Anything else anyone would recommend for folks of that age (they're pretty active)?
Posted By: jfabes Re: Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/01/05 05:34 PM
I believe there is a spectacular bird sanctuary on half moon caye, you might look into having a water taxi take them on a day trip out to half moon caye.
Posted By: Sassy2 Re: Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/01/05 05:39 PM
I have been to Lamanai several times with Tanisha tours. Daniel is an avid birder. It is a full day trip and the birding is amazing!
Posted By: klcman Re: Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/01/05 05:41 PM
Daniel is, IMHO, the best naturalist on the island
Excellent spelling, k. Could have started up a whole other threadbare thread there if you weren't careful. wink
Posted By: klcman Re: Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/01/05 08:08 PM
I know - was VERY careful about that one!

You headed south soon?
Is there a web site for Tanisha tours?
http://www.tanishatours.com/index.html
Thanks Jesse. Looks like a great trip for my 11 year old son.
klcman, you sure he isn't a naturist?? ha ha I love those people!! Been in trouble once before and i don't go there ever again!!
Posted By: klcman Re: Birding tours and other items of interest - 03/02/05 02:32 AM
well, one never knows what one doesn't know - but if you like, I'll ask him next time I see him! wink

(I hear ya)
There is a place in Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary that is totally amazing called Bird's Eye View Lodge. You can find photos here ...
http://www.johnwall.com/travel/belizeguatemala/
and then click on Crooked Tree.

If they like birds they will be in heaven. We met a couple from Germany that came all the way to specifically spend their whole vacation birding at Bird's Eye View. It's not on Ambergris but its worth effort.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board