AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: suzieq Activity choice: Rocky Point or Cave Tubing - 03/07/05 04:50 PM
We are making our first trip to AC next month and we wanted to do one "activity" besides just relaxing and water activities near the hotel! Anyone have opinions on going to Rocky Point to snorkle or doing the Cave Tubing? I know the activities are different but we aren't really set on one or the other and would love some feedback! smile

Thanks!
My personal preference for the caving experiences is from the mainland, basing myself at Ian Anderson's Cave Branch, but that;s just me. http://cavesbranch.com/

Rocky Point, snorkeling, beach BBQ makes a great day too.

Or, you could consider booking a day trip to Caye Caulker, combing snorkeling & sailing!
Posted By: dlr Re: Activity choice: Rocky Point or Cave Tubing - 03/11/05 12:17 AM
Never went to Rocky Point but the cave tubing was an outstanding experience.
Thanks! They both sound nice so I don't think we can miss! The only thing about the caves is that they look really far from AC...we are only there 3 days so we might need to stay closer. Decisions decisions!

Thanks!
Cave tubing with Tuff E Nuff was awesome and very well guided. I'd also recommend the Zoo. Never been to thr rocks though.
Suzieq,

If there's anyway possible, you need to spend more than 3 days there. It takes me about 3 days just to start relaxing and enjoying it. We've been there three times and always snorkle Ho Chan and Shark Ray Alley. I've wanted to go to Rocky Point because on maps it looks like the reef comes right up to the shore but seems like a long ride and I believe at times you have to go outside the reef which can be rough and didn't seem to be alot of trips offered there though we usually go during the slow season. Haven't been to the jungle or cave tubing either and I believe it's an all day trip but everyone seems to enjoy the tubing. If I only had three days I would narrow it down to the snorkle trip mentioned earlier, a day trip to Caye Caulker which could include snorkling and sailing, and/or the fish/snorkle/beach cookout which we did last time there and would have done again if time permitted.
rumncoke I wish! hehehe Unfortunately we are both in a project at work and this is all we could sneak away for and we figured a little is better then nothing! smile Hey maybe this will just be a taste test and then we can go back for longer next time since it appears no one only goes there once from these posts!
Posted By: dlr Re: Activity choice: Rocky Point or Cave Tubing - 03/17/05 12:50 AM
I agree with rumncoke. While cave tubing is an unbelievable experience, it is also a full day. Try the Ho Chan/Shark Ray Alley half day scuba trip. Take a water taxi to check out Caye Caulker and just relax on the beach.
I havent heard of Rocky Point, what is it and what does in encompass? We are there 5 days and trying to put together a "schedule" of events. Basically looking for something to do while enjoying rum drinks. We are planning the Resort Dive course and from there it is rum and relaxation. Oh, WILL be getting a golf cart. We are there May 1 - 6. What news can you give on the cave tubing and horse back riding. Thanks.
If you are only going to do 1 trip I highly recommend Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley. To make it even better combine it with the sailing trip to Caye Caulker on one of the big catamarans. That way you get to sail (and drink all the rum punches you want) and snorkel.

We were there last year for a week and realized we really needed 2 weeks to fully appreciate AC.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board