AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Johnboy Golf carts - 03/10/05 11:57 PM
Does anyone have the e-mail address of the place that rents those "fancy" golf carts?????Thanks wink cool :p
Posted By: dexte@ Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 12:48 AM
Fancy?? does that mean no mud?...or lotsa mud?
Posted By: Chloe Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 02:20 AM
My team would think that meant, BIG lug tires.
Posted By: heatherack Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 01:42 PM
No email address, but wuld recommend any company other than Monchos...we had to trade in our gas cart 4 times, and the 5th cart died right on Barrier Drive 3 minutes after we got it! That was when we turned in our keys and bought water taxi tickets! Ultimate rentals or Castle carts looked newer and never saw any broken down on the sides of the road.
Posted By: Jeff&Con Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 01:47 PM
Do they sell golf carts on the caye (used or new)??
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 01:47 PM
Thank you Heatherack for a sensible answer....lol
Posted By: DJH Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 01:53 PM
We just rented one from cholo's. We had it for 3 weeks. Never a problem.
Posted By: mobunny Re: Golf carts - 03/11/05 04:21 PM
We rented from Moncho's last August for two weeks. Golf cart ran just fine. You can email them at [email protected]

mobunny cool
Posted By: Johnboy Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 12:27 AM
I think the e-addy I'm looking for is for Ultimate Rentals...You notice I said think!!!!!
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: amandaandart Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 07:35 PM
We rented from Cars r us for a week and never had a problem. All of the carts are priced very competitively. Island Adventures had the newest/nicest carts, however. Also note that you will be penalized if you take an electric cart to the mainland via the water taxi....
Posted By: klcman Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 07:49 PM
????? eek
Posted By: amandaandart Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 08:07 PM
whats ????? for?
Posted By: klcman Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 08:10 PM
I'd love to see someone TRY to get a cart on the water taxi...hahahaha
Posted By: amandaandart Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 08:13 PM
yeah, me too. I think there is a bigger one that they are referring to though, maybe the barge. Apparently they allow gas powered carts, but they get pissed if you bring a electric one... possibly because if it dies they don't wanna have to go get it? I don't know, but the guy at Cars R Us was pretty adamant about infoming us of this rule.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they meant they didn't want you to cross to the North side by the Ferry. Too many electric carts have been stranded up North over the years when they ran out of juice on the way back home. One of the reasons why gas carts are becoming more and more popular.

S...
Posted By: Chloe Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 09:21 PM
Klcman was thrilled to think he could take a golf cart elec or gas to the mainland with him. Of course he knew better.
Posted By: klcman Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 09:22 PM
that makes a lot more sense Simon, and is what I too, was thinking originally (but nobody pay attention to it anyway....)
Posted By: Chloe Re: Golf carts - 03/12/05 09:41 PM
Let the cart go in the river off the ferry, and it will cost you big bucks.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Golf carts - 03/13/05 03:05 PM
But you can also win big bucks by signing up for the "next cart in the river" pool over at Hammock House! I think it's been a while so it's got to be coming up soon.
Posted By: klcman Re: Golf carts - 03/13/05 04:07 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Jeff&Con Re: Golf carts - 03/15/05 04:42 AM
......(yawn) .....still wondering if they sell carts on the caye .... for someone who spends a few months there every year it could get alittle pricey I would think if you were to rent one for that length of time .......
Posted By: klcman Re: Golf carts - 03/15/05 04:48 AM
all ya need is a permit
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board