AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Roxanne Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 12:53 AM
This will be my first trip out of the US. We are so excited. We will be staying at Captain Morgan's Retreat. Does anyone know anything about this place? Any feedback?

Out of all of the activities mentioned here what would be the top two must do's?

Thanks for any tips
laugh Rox
Posted By: CrackerLarry Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 02:29 PM
Well, what you "MUST" do at Capt. Morgans is listen to a time share sales spiel.

Seems to be a real nice place otherwise.
Posted By: SURFTIKI Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 02:59 PM
You don't have to do there time share speel just say no.. Ether way the resort is very cool, great
resturant,and they make the best Dirty banana drink on the island (Imo),Enjoy. If Ernie is there
(one of the owners) ask him to tell you about Eassence way the resort just north of CM, very interesting place or should I say the history of the place.. you will have a great time just kick back and relax and enjoy the view..
Posted By: Phyllis&Ray Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 04:45 PM
A few years ago there was a show called Temptation Island, that is where it was filmed.
Didn't make it that far north, but heard it is really nice. Did get bothered several times by a pushy timeshare salesman in town for the place, learned to avoid him.
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 07:54 PM
Thank you for the information. I belong to a time share, so I wont have a problem saying NO. What was the show "Temptaion island" about?
I do remember a show with that title some time ago and the resort they were at was stunningly beautiful.
What about activities? What is the best?
Posted By: heatherack Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 08:09 PM
We just spent 2 great weeks there. The time share that the guys were showing was right above our villa, but I never went to the presentation...it got to be a good-natured banter between me and the time share salesmen about when I would come up for a look! Don't miss the Lamanai trip, Hol chan and sting ray alley...enjoy the buffet nights. Don't miss the short stroll down the beach to Capricorn for an awesome dinner. If you like to run on the beach, you won't find a better spot. The palapa bar on sunday afternoon is also a must, especially if you like people watching...reminiscent of key west...oh, and of course Art's pina colada's at happy hour( any time after 7 am!) enjoy!!
Posted By: Phyllis&Ray Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 09:19 PM
Temptation Island was a reality TV show where couples got to fool around with other people to see if they wanted to stay together. What a concept hey ?? It was entertaining though !!
We definitely plan to check out some of the places north of the cut when we come back in April - only made it as far as Hammock House last year !!
Posted By: Roxanne Re: Captain Morgan's Retreat - 03/30/05 10:12 PM
I do remember that show. Kind of tacky but you're right, entertaining. So many things to do, so little time. I just dont know where to start.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board