AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kerrierich First Timers! - 05/16/05 01:33 PM
We're heading to AC June 1st - can't wait! Has anyone ever stayed in the casitas at Victoria Hosue? We have 3 casitas reserved & had heard nothing but good things about VH until recently I read something negative about the casitas. It's too late to change them anyway, but I'm just curious.
Also, I'm kind of freaked out about these "Pica Pica" creatures. We ordered some safesea & plan to bring benadryl as well - is there anything else we need to bring? Will those critters still be there in June?
One more thing... what are the things we shouldn't miss? We'll only be there 6 days & want to make the most of it! Is cave tubing worth it? And do you have to go to the zoo if you go cave tubing? Only one of us dives, but the rest are interested in snorkeling at least one day - which place would be the best for both diving and snorkeling? Sorry so many questions... Please give me any advice you have!

One more thing (this is it I promise)... does anyone have any more pictures of Victoria House? Thank you!
Posted By: Barbara K Re: First Timers! - 05/16/05 07:05 PM
The casitas at VH are great! No worries. Lots of pics of VH property on my photo site. Mostly on the Sept 2004 trip. http://photos.yahoo.com/barbsbelize

You can do just cave tubing w/o the zoo (but the zoo is nice and worth it IMO)
Posted By: SuzyQ Re: First Timers! - 05/16/05 09:09 PM
You'll definately want to do the Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley snorkel trip. We did the zoo and never saw so many fat happy animals. Never did the cave tubing, just river tubing! Have a great time, wish I was there!
Posted By: Spyder Re: First Timers! - 05/17/05 06:47 PM
Go to www.victoria-house.com.
Posted By: DuxFan Re: First Timers! - 05/17/05 07:35 PM
Thanks for the Pics Barbara! We are going for the first time to AC in Sept for our honeymoon and also staying at Vic house. Really looking forward to it.
Posted By: Phyllis&Ray Re: First Timers! - 05/17/05 07:49 PM
Pica Pica should be gone by then smile
Cave tubing was fun, but not for everyone, moves kindof slow, not sure if the water was just low but there were lots of "butt's up" spots, and it was chilly when you are in the caves, most of the kids were complaining. The zoo was very cool, glad we ended up going, we weren't going to at first. It isn't really a zoo, they arerescued and injured animals, all native to Belize, that they try to put back in the wild, some I had never heard of. My personal favorite was the Harpy Eagle, the black panther was awesome too.
I agree Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley is a must, don't know of anywhere else you can have such an experience. Enjoy!
Posted By: Skyliner Re: First Timers! - 05/18/05 02:03 AM
Check out the catamaran trip Seaduced runs to Basil Jones. Some good snorkeling, good food, relaxing time and a full day. It was a bit pricey, but worth it.
Posted By: lillew Re: First Timers! - 05/18/05 02:16 AM
well we returned from AC 2 weeks ago, I agree you have to do HolChan and sharkray alley we actually did them twice...once with hilaboo and then with Willy. Both Guides were excellent. We did the cave tubing...it was ok water level was waaaay down so when they say *butts up* you best get it up. The ruins were awesome. They only complaint which is my own fault. The travelling time for The cave tubing...NEXT TIME I AM FLYING OVER!!!!! few bucks more but I think it is worth it. We also did a fishing day and YES!!! I caught four and proudly ate them, this comming from a NON fish eater. As for VH I saw the building it was clean and nice looking. However I will return to stay at the Sunbreeze. They were the best!!!!!
Posted By: kerrierich Re: First Timers! - 05/18/05 01:14 PM
Thank you all so much for the info & the pictures! I really appreciate it!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board