AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Kristykins What to Bring? - 10/27/05 03:38 PM
I'm not leaving for 4 weeks, but since I work full time & go to school fulltime so all of my preparations & packing will need to be done slowly over the course of this month.

I was hoping to get an idea of what I should bring with me? I'm planning on packing light and casual..just a few tank tops, flip flops, and sunglasses...but i'm sure I'll need more.

Any ideas?
Posted By: MALIBU Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 03:42 PM
Add to that a bathing suit and a couple shorts and you are good to go.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 03:43 PM
Yeah definetly bringing those.

Do I need bugspray?
Posted By: MALIBU Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 04:25 PM
kristy, go to the General Chat area and click on packing light. Bring bug spray as a precaution, you never know when they will be out.
Posted By: MALIBU Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 04:25 PM
"They" are mosquitos.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 04:45 PM
oh boy.

Okay, well I saw the post, and I will definetly be packing lightly. Are there certain things I should bring such as anti-diahhrea meds, or water shoes...odd things like that?

or am I over thinking this? haha. Maybe I should just throw some stuff in a bag & go?
Posted By: MALIBU Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 04:59 PM
Overthinking. Throw the stuff in the bag and go. My water shoes were extremely aggrivating. Bring the usual assortment of meds.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 05:12 PM
Gotcha. Thank you! cool
Posted By: cakelee Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 07:12 PM
Including sunscreen!
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 07:14 PM
Most definetly !!!! There will plenty of that in abundance for my ghostly white dear boyfriend lol
Posted By: seashell Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 08:19 PM
Lots of underwear, especially bras. Sandals or teva-types that you don't care if they get muddy (just in case it rains). TWO swuimsuits. One is always drying while you wear the other one. Assuming, you spend much time in the water, and you only bring one, you'll often be putting on a damp suit.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 08:53 PM
I have to go buy a suit, sadly, and that's going to be difficult. Probably have to head into Laguna Beach or another beach city to find bathing suits during winter. I don't even own 1 bathing suit lol
Posted By: klcman Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 10:32 PM
ZipLok bags ( Hi Jane laugh )
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/27/05 10:42 PM
I'm bringing a journal to sit on the beach and write about my experiences.
Posted By: Hightide Re: What to Bring? - 10/28/05 04:03 AM
Bring:
Go to walmart and get a 3-pack of the old-man style undershirts. (we call them wife-beaters). Then cut them off about mid-waist. You'll wear these a bunch - over swim suit with shorts, under big loose tank, etc.

Sunscreen in small containers to toss in purse or backpack. Even if you 'lather up' pre-sun, these come in very handy. Especially when driving around in golf cart when you don't think you'll need it - back of neck and tops of legs & feet can get scorched!

Lip balm with SPF

Immodium AD - essential. We've eaten from every street vendor there and never had a problem but the change in cuisine can be bad for some people. I keep one in my pocket at all times. Was a life saver one night at BC's (was night of arrival, hadn't even eaten there yet - must have been Houston Airport). 'nuff said

Don't bring:

bras / underwear. Go commando - you're on vacation and is definitely breezier and more comfortable. Besides, how often do 'the girls' get a chance to breathe and be free - they're on vacation too, you know.

Any shoes with heels, are not 'sand-proof' or irreplaceable. Heels get mired in the sand, they'll be covered in sand, you'll prolly kick them off and get back to room and look down and say 'oh my, where are my shoes'? (happened. hehe)
Posted By: Kristykins Re: What to Bring? - 10/28/05 04:28 AM
I live in my flip flops 24/7 anyway, so no problem there. =] Im pretty casual & laid back anyway, so this will be easy for me.

*note to self*
DO NOT EAT AT HOUSTON AIRPORT lol
Posted By: Gordon Schumway Re: What to Bring? - 10/28/05 04:28 PM
If the mosquitoes are still bad, bring a little thing of anti-itch spray like benadryl or calamine. I slathered myself in bug spray but still had plenty of bites.

Also, I asked this question a few months ago and this advice was invaluable--take out some of your clothes and pack more money.

If you're snorkeling, bring 2 waterproof cameras. Much cheaper in the US and one was not enough!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board