AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Lost Irishman Music Scene? - 11/03/05 04:46 AM
I am planning on a return trip to AC in Jan (it has been several years), and am contemplating "Changing my Latitude". I was wondering if anyone would care to comment on how the music scene is on AC these days. When I was down last, it seemed to be hit or miss - there was an interesting guy "Willy & Friends" that I caught one night on Caulker and the next on AC. The only other stuff think I found was dance music (DJ). Is it better these days?
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 11/03/05 05:40 AM
Ebbe may be able to help you out, you can get him at:

http://www.sundiverbeach.com/

or

http://www.matagrandestudios.com/
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Music Scene? - 11/03/05 06:33 AM
Fidos has live music tue, wed, thur, fri, sat! smile
Tacklebox on Tue.
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 11/03/05 07:03 AM
This is Ebbe (thanks Simon).

Well, "Lost Irishman" (hope its more of a name than a state of mind) there is actually quite a lot of music going on.
Fido's is one place to go, mainly on Wednesdays and Saturdays when 20/20 are playing.
Tackle Box is a cool place too, and my dear friend Dennis Wolfe is entertaining all over the island almost every night. Will and Dale are the greatest (where there's a will there's a dale!) and they can also be found in numerous establishments during the week. Other than that: Punta Boyz, Barrington and...
We are doing a little "booze & blues" the first Sunday of every month at my place (yes, this coming Sunday!) which is Sundiver Beach & Mata Grande Studios.
If you need more info, you can find my contact details at www.matagrandestudios.com
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Music Scene? - 11/03/05 07:29 AM
cool! I am excited, thanks for the info. will be there Sun!
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 11/03/05 07:57 AM
Great ke,
Make sure to introduce yourself to me. I'll be the freaky guy with the red guitar. See ya Sunday.
Posted By: Wittsend Re: Music Scene? - 11/05/05 10:16 PM
What time does this kickoff tomorrow? We were thinking about checking it out.

Thanks! ~ MJ
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 11/06/05 12:02 AM
Weather permitting confused we will be having fun from Noon till late Afternoon. Virginia will be doing great wraps, fish sandwiches etc. so you can eat before you drink (some people recommend this!).

See ya...
Posted By: Lost Irishman Re: Music Scene? - 11/07/05 03:56 AM
I'll have to check it out when I get there -

Thanks!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Music Scene? - 11/07/05 04:08 AM
Weile, I didn't make it. I guess all the rain scared me away frown rained a lot today so I guess I will have to make it next time. Wraps and fish sandwiches though sound great!
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 11/07/05 04:19 PM
Hey ke,

Yes, the weather was kinda rough. We still had a wonderful time and lots of fun with a bunch of very nice people. Hope to see you next time.
Posted By: Jon Loprete Re: Music Scene? - 11/07/05 08:37 PM
Ke, can you tell me where the tacklebox is? It was recommended by a freind.
Posted By: GRAFFICE Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 01:09 AM
Find a boat! It's on Cauker-Enjoy
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 01:37 AM
Wrong answer, sorry, it's by the Water Taxi in San Pedro.
Posted By: seashell Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 01:57 AM
It used to be Shark's Bar and before that incarnation, it was Tacklebox. Now it's Tacklebox again.
Posted By: klcman Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 02:16 AM
me thinks Graffice was referring to Tackle Box Canyons perhaps?
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 02:21 AM
john, simon is correct. go to the water taxi pier it is on that pier. You friend probably recommends tue night there.
Posted By: seashell Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 02:24 AM
If he was klc, he'd still be way out. Tackle Box Canyons is just off San Pedro Town.
Posted By: klcman Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 02:45 AM
yup
Posted By: seashell Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 02:51 AM
The Sandbox. I'll bet that was what Graffice was thinking of.
Posted By: Teenah Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 03:19 AM
at the risk of sounding reduntit, Tony Brown is playing at Fidos. Please don't miss seeing him.

Teenah
Posted By: Jon Loprete Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 04:35 AM
Thanks All about the info for Tacklebox. We were instructed to go there and perform the worlds first "intercontinental dial a shot".
Posted By: klcman Re: Music Scene? - 11/08/05 04:58 AM
yup SS - that be it
Posted By: J DOG Re: Music Scene? - 11/12/05 02:30 PM
Anyone know where Barefoot Skinny is playing at,I never hear any thing about the Hammock House , Is it still rocking on Sunday?
Posted By: GRAFFICE Re: Music Scene? - 11/12/05 03:14 PM
SANDBOX, TACKLEBOX, CANYONS!!! SORRY FOR BAD INFO I BEST STUDY MORE OR TRAVEL MORE wink
Posted By: klcman Re: Music Scene? - 11/12/05 03:21 PM
well, at least you were thinking outside the box
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 11/12/05 11:08 PM
Sorry, Hammock House has been sold and closed down to make way for a condo development. Haven't seen Tim around town in ages, not sure where he's at these days.
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby Re: Music Scene? - 11/12/05 11:38 PM
Got an email from Tim in New Zealand. Seems he is a Traveling Bohemian these days.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 11/13/05 12:00 AM
Bastard! That's on MY list!
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 11/13/05 01:12 AM
Barefoot Skinny will be back (hopefully not as "Shoefoot Fatty") when he's done traveling. You will still be able to enjoy his music around town and at the many coming beach parties at Sundiver Beach. Contrary to a couple of weird posts from strange people, Sundiver Beach is alive and kickin'...
Our beach bar is open every day and we serve breakfast and lunch "Belize Style" every day + always have cheap cool drinks and free nice music for all you afternoon partiers. Rock 'n' Roll + one of the nicest beaches on the island (I think) = a good time as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby Re: Music Scene? - 11/13/05 01:27 AM
Ebbe,
Sounds like a cool scene you have on the Northside. Tim did mention he was heading back to Belize around the 25th. Keep the reef rockin and Barry in business......Gibby
Posted By: indygal Re: Music Scene? - 11/13/05 02:34 AM
More condos? Hammock House wasn't there very long, oh well. Hope he got a great price. What is the name of these new to be condo's?
Posted By: catdog Re: Music Scene? - 12/01/05 01:52 AM
Ebbe, How far north of the cut are you located?
I've been meaning to come check out your place each time I'm down, after following your progress here and at your website, but have never made it yet. Would love to visit when I come down next time. Sounds like you have done a great job and lots of fun too!
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 12/01/05 02:11 AM
Officially he's 4.74 miles North of Central Park.
Posted By: catdog Re: Music Scene? - 12/01/05 02:40 AM
Thank you , Simon. I think that would put him a bit beyond Captain Morgan's?
Posted By: SimonB Re: Music Scene? - 12/01/05 03:57 AM
Past Journey's End by about a 15 minute walk.
Posted By: catdog Re: Music Scene? - 12/01/05 12:39 PM
Got it, thank you !
Posted By: weile Re: Music Scene? - 12/02/05 08:33 PM
Sorry guys, I've been too busy installing recording gear lately. Thanks to Simon from "Lagniappe Provisioning & Cool Info About Everything" for being my secretary for a day or two wink
Blues Booze & Barbecues (+ lobster quesadillas) again this coming Sunday.
See ya!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board