AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: crembrulee Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:24 PM
Hi! I just booked a trip to Belize from 12/25/05 to 01/01/06 for my husband & myself. Found a room at the Radisson. Would like input on Hotel Del Rio & camoing in tents on the beach..which I found on the internet. I am hoping to spend the first part of the trip inland seeing the jungle, horseback riding, etc, and the majority of the rest of the trip closer to the beach, Ambergris Caye relaxing & hammock testing & snorkeling. Any one have any ideas of where lodging might be found at this late date? Not afraid to rough it as long as I now its not going to be the whole time.
THANKS!!!
Posted By: streetchie Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:38 PM
You shouldn't have a problem finding a place. As for hotel suggestions, do a topic search on this page and you'll get 100's of them....well, at least 25 or 30. Good luck and have fun.
Posted By: Pam&Dave Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:39 PM
Contact Nellie Gomez at: [email protected] for a stay at Paradise Villas. I'm sure you will get lots more suggestions, but this is a start.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for your airfare on those dates?
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:40 PM
It was about $900 RT per person from Kansas City to Belize w/one stop in Dallas.
Thanks a bunch!!!!
Posted By: Pam&Dave Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:45 PM
Good luck and read the current posts regarding the trip to Lamanai. It can be done from AC with Tanisha Tours. Great trip - you won't forget it!
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 06:46 PM
Pam & Dave........I greatly appreciate that info. I am trying to plan everything to get the most of every minute of beingin this beautiful part of the world. Thank you very much!!
Posted By: SimonB Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 07:20 PM
"You shouldn't have a problem finding a place".

Not true, better start dialing phone numbers as most places have been booked solid for months for those dates. You're now at a take what you can get status so try as many places as possible. The hotel list is also sorted by price range so that's a good start.
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 07:39 PM
Thanks so much for your inf! I have a room booked for the entire time at the Radisson in Belize City but I was really hoping to stay on Ambergris Caye for a few nights as well. So far luck has been on my side, for once.. LOL...and I have only 2 nites left to fill. I was hoping to do camping on the beach in a tent one night but I hear there is a bridge being built so thats out. I'm still searching & getting more excited to see all the photos of Belize!!
Posted By: Pam&Dave Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 08:56 PM
crembrulee / I don't know about the beach camping rules on AC but I am curious, what does the bridge being built have to do with camping? I love it - you are going from the Radisson to "crashing" on the beach. That's getting the FULL EXPERIENCE of Belize! Have a great time. I'm glad to hear you are finding rooms. Like Simon, I was a bit concerned with the dates you are working with...
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 09:00 PM
couldn't agree more with simon. 3 yrs ago was not a prob for me to arrive and find a room. Last xmas, Feb, and May places were booked up.

Why the raddison? Isn't that Belize City?
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 09:01 PM
I couldn't figure it out either. I contacted Tom Vildrene- Chamber of Commerce at the US Embassey according to his email- and he said me that the area is under construction due to the fact that there is a bridge under construction. It wouldn't bother me, I wanted to camp one night just to say I did it. I'm still searching. I want to make every minute memorable.
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 09:04 PM
It was not my first choice. I made reservations at the Radisson as a back up in case I cannot find anything at all. So far I have been pretty lucky. My hopes are to stay closer to the jungle part on the mainland for the first 2 days or so & then head out toward one of the cayes. There is so much info in the internet...the more I look the more there is to learn. I want to be ready & waste no time when I am there. Even if it means one day we spend laying in hammocks.
Posted By: klcman Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/12/05 11:07 PM
Crem -

IMHO, get the heck out of the Radisson - why in the world would ya want to stay in BC, especially if you're headed for the jungle & horseback riding? Check out http://www.bananabank.com

or for a real adventure, http://www.cavesbranch.com

or combine the experience of both
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/13/05 02:43 PM
klcman.....
I'll check those out. My flight lands at 3:30pm & I thought that after going thru customs I would miss the last water taxi to Ambergris Caye. Are there other boats, etc that can get me off the mainland after the last water taxi departs?
Posted By: crembrulee Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/13/05 02:52 PM
Kclman........
Those 2 sites are awesome!! Looks like I don't need info about how to get the AC on my first day cuz I want to get to the jungle. I cannotthank you enough for sharing this info! Please feel free to pass on any other info you have about these wonderful places in Belize.
Posted By: klcman Re: Belize visit in late December 05 - 12/13/05 10:35 PM
Do the mainland first, then the island thing and really relax & culminate your first ( and not last, trust us) vaca to BZ properly!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board