AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: phillytodd need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:15 PM
hi.. I"m here with my wife and she's MISERABLE.. the two things she loves to do most, diving and drinking, are off limits now that she's got a bun in the oven.

I would sure appreciate a few suggestions on how to entertain her.

One thing.. I already suggested we do the maruba jungle spa again, and she just doesn't want to be massaged this time.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I need to keep her happy as I had to cancel my blue hole dive yesterday to entertain her and want to go out to the atolls tomorrow.

thanks,
go golfing and have her carry the bag.
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:35 PM
Take her to Caye Caulker...lunch...short shopping trip!
hahaha... that's a great suggestion.. let's see how that one goes over.. I may be sleeping in pedros bar for the rest of the trip.
Posted By: Now Danny Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:38 PM
Take her to Pedro's pizza sports bar.
now caye caulker's a great idea... we went there last time and loved it.

do you guys think the boat ride would be too rough? remember, she's got a bun in the oven and we don't want to shake him up too bad.
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:40 PM
It's not that rough.....but you could book a guide....more money...but if it's rough you can slow him down!
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:43 PM
sea kayaks!
any suggestions who to book? money's not an issue if it will make her happy and give me peace for one day smile
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:45 PM
Where are you at?
we're staying at coconuts.

the only thing we've been doing that she enjoys is laying out and going to expensive restaurants... if anybody needs a current review of ANY of them, let me know.. we'll hit them all while here smile
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:52 PM
can she snorkel?
Posted By: Now Danny Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 04:53 PM
Go fishing for a half day in the morning early, on a calm day. You will catch fish and you can't help but have fun. Oh, tell her how beautifull she is and how much you love her and can't wait for the baby.
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:00 PM
Be a man....tell her anything!
thanks for the suggestions... I think we're going to hit caye caulker... thanks clover.

IF that doesn't work, I'll leave her alone in the room and plant myself at pedros pub and pizza parlor
Posted By: mobunny Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:04 PM
Why don't you schedule her a session at Tropical Touch: //ambergriscaye.com/tropicaltouch/

She could get a facial, manicure and pedicure if she doesn't want a massage. Also it's right by The Belize Yacht Club which is a little south of you.

mobunny cool
great suggestion mobunny.

she's not into massages, but I think the facials and hand/feet treatments would be great for her.

thanks again.
Posted By: monica Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:11 PM
Keep feeding her,expecting ladies enjoy good food. How about a golf cart ride to the north end and stop at an ocean front resturant for no alchol drinks and a nice lunch, then have a nap together, would work for me.
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:13 PM
That golf cart ride would do it for me! I'd get slapped right after her kidneys bounced out on the seat!
Posted By: monica Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:15 PM
Go slow, enjoy the ride.
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:16 PM
Rojo lounge would be worth the trip!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:19 PM
Call Tulu for a beach BBQ, 1/2 day trip to CC and make a stop for snorkling if she will let ya. Tell her shes beautiful. They will let you do almost anything if you are real sweet!
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:42 PM
I am sorry to hear she is not having a good time. Rojo lounge is nice, have you guys been there? She doesn't want a massage, but how about all the other services at Sol Spa? It is so fun there, they have manacure, pedicure, facial packages, etc... FUN!!! Can spend a half day there.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:43 PM
and if she thinks that is a good idea, send me with her... wink we'd have fun.
Posted By: kathyw Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:51 PM
Take her on the Me Too catamaran. Snorkel (or stay on the boat) at Hol Chan, then on to Caye Caulker for lunch. Have lunch at Rasta Pasta, then take a leisurely stroll on the beach. Back on the boat and snorkel at Shark and Ray Alley.
This is an all day trip, very relaxing and not fast or bumpy.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 05:52 PM
I like the spa idea Todd. take mo and my suggestions wink
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 06:09 PM
the only reason I suggested sol spa over tropical touch is they are under construction right now and I walk by there every day, a little loud right now. I'll be standing by for my invite with Amy. since she doesn't like massages I will gladly take her massage appointment wink
Posted By: SimonB Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 06:32 PM
I'd second the Me Too trip 600-5022 or 226-4551.
Posted By: monica Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 06:44 PM
I think what you are being told, is pamper her, make her feel special, take good care of her. Some thing we all forget to do.
Good Lord, you made her pregnant. How much better of a time can there be? Tell her to buck up, little camper, and head your by-God man-self on out to the Hole.

Sometimes you've got to remind 'em who's boss.
Send her skydiving with reaper. that should calm her down!! eek
Posted By: Ernie B Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 09:47 PM
CatMo, you big woosie! I can't believe you said that!!!! laugh Just wait til "She who must be obeyed" hears this and I'm tellin!
If money is no object, charter a plane for an aerial tour of the Blue Hole.
I ain't skeert. And money's no object, either. Just ask the lawyers.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 11:07 PM
Yeah, I heard you had her down on her hands and knees the other night. She was telling you to "Come out from under that bed you big woosie and fight like a man"!!!
ok.. booked her a facial and manicure/pedicure at the spa for friday when I'm diving.

Tonight, dinner and drinks ( drinks for me , one glass of wine for her ) at Rojo..

tomorrow we'll head over to CC for lunch and shopping.

Hopefully that will keep her occupied.

PS.. this is the first and LAST baby... my next wife better not be thinking about any of that baby stuff.

ps.. I asked her about the air tour of the blue hole and she said no dice... I would have loved that myself.

Thanks again to all suggestions.
do your cc shopping a silkpainters place! she has beautiful artwork & jewelry.
Your next wife? Too funny phillytodd! laugh

With all of this pampering, I don't think this wife will let you get away. wink
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/08/06 11:58 PM
hmmm I think you missed some threads, lol. wink
Posted By: RMT Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/09/06 02:14 AM
Ha! Not all of us missed it ( Casa Picasso) Keli! Sounds out like only his wife needs the entertainment...lol wink Rhonda smile
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/09/06 02:53 AM
glad it wasn't just me Rhonda. His wife was there too with all of us, just to clarify. It was only his mind that misbehaved.
Posted By: funstuff Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/09/06 04:21 AM
You got lucky, I read your Casa Pic thread. We invited her out with us for drinks and she declined. Said she had a guy and we couldn't do anything to get her to go out. Good looking girl. Hot. Hope her friend convinces her to go next time we are in town.
Make sure she rides in the back of the boat for the smoothest ride possible!! :p
booked an all day boat charter with ocean adventures for saturday.. that way the boat ride is slow and easy and doesn't shake junior up too much.. we'll relax, snorkel a bit ( if she wants to ) shop in CC and have lunch at rasta pasta.

my side mission is to try to find walter castillo while we're on CC and see if I can get a better deal on one of his paintings.

I said before money was no object... I'm not sure what's worse.. paying out the wazoo... or having an unhappy wife. I think I'll eat this one and just enjoy the peace and quiet that is a happy pregnant lady.

thanks for all the suggestions. you rule clover.
Posted By: mobunny Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/09/06 09:20 PM
When we bought our Walter Castillo his wife was working at the gallery and gave us a deal. Well worth the money and really not that expensive. It is one of our most beloved possessions now. mobunny cool

[Linked Image]
Posted By: seashell Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/09/06 09:26 PM
Fabulous!
wow.. that's exactly the type of painting i'm looking for.. .would you mind telling me where to find his studio?

thanks

todd
Isn't it across from Tropic Air? I've been in once.
Yeah, you must be from Philly. LEAVE THE WOMAN ALONE, for heaven's sake. You are all over the poor thing like . . . well, you know.

/haul yer ass and give her a break
I'm definitely from philly.

I tried to leave her alone, but like a bad penny she keeps coming back.

back to the topic..

I heard that walter and his girlfriend/SO have a studio setup on Caye Caulker near an "italian restaurant"... I'll be looking there tomorrow.
Posted By: SimonB Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/10/06 09:38 PM
Don Corleone's - great food.
Posted By: mobunny Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/11/06 05:02 PM
We purchased that piece at Belizean Arts inside of Fido's. Don't have clue as to where his studio is. mobunny http://www.belizeanarts.com/
well... pregnant lady and I went to CC yesterday and had a ball.

I booked the private boat with oceanadventures.com ( thanks clover) .. based on exotic caye's dock.

our guide was a young guy named alex.. super nice, made sure we had a great time.

funny thing was... I went into Don Corleone's restaurant.. nobody in there had any clue of where to find Walter... and none of the shops were selling any of his stuff..

thanks again for all the suggestions ... pregnant lady had a GREAT day and thats' all that really matters.
Posted By: monica Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/12/06 03:55 PM
Hi, Go to Belizean Arts in Fido's, Lindsey sells Walters works and lots of other great stuff.
i know she does.. but at 479-1200 usd.... i'm just not that interested in buying..

whenever we travel, we like to buy local art .. something to hang on the wall and remind us of a great trip and great people..

I'll keep looking..
Posted By: Barbara K Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/13/06 03:23 PM
Walter's art is not cheap - even from him directly. Maybe a print of one of his originals is more in your price range.

Are you going to the mainland? Some great affordable art in Cayo & Hopkins.

And isn't the Placencia Sidewalk Art fair sometime soon? Anyone know?
I know he's not cheap.. and it's not the money.. really. I'm just mad at myself for not buying years ago when he was cheaper smile

and I'm also bummed I didn't see more "sidewalk artists".. except for a few on CC.

oh well..
Posted By: clover Re: need help entertaining a pregnant lady - 02/13/06 03:50 PM
phillytodd....ppppssssstttt. how long before we see some pictures?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board