AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: shuffles HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/10/06 05:55 PM
Help Golf cart stolen sometime after 12:30 am this morning. Vicinity Coconut Drive between Island Supermarket and Orange, Was locked to fence. White Yamaha, four seater, aluminum wheels, had windshield attached, white seats...License plate BZC 28772. If you see this cart, please call 620-0903. Thanks
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/12/06 07:27 PM
Did you find the cart yet Suffles?
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/13/06 04:22 AM
Did you make a police report?
Posted By: sunfish Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/13/06 05:11 PM
When my golf cart has been stolen....more than once unfortunately, I drove round and round with a taxi driver till we found it. Orlando (tel: 614- 9559) is one driver who knows all the places where carts tend to get left when the joy riders are done. This has always touch wood worked for me in the past. Good luck!
Posted By: casa de amor Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/13/06 08:48 PM
orlando is the man!, our favorite taxi driver
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/13/06 10:12 PM
Orlando rocks. He hauled many a load of music equipment around AC for me in the day and advertised the events to all his customers.
Posted By: shuffles Re: HELP STOLEN GOLF CART - 03/14/06 01:52 PM
First, thanks to everyone who helped. We received a phone call at 4:15 am on Saturday (yes, AM), from the police to inform us that our cart had been found. When we arrived at the station around 10 Saturday morning, we were told "there's no reason to do a police report, it is only missing the wheel well covers". We insisted on a report anyway. After the report was finished, a closer examination, (by us, not the police), revealed that not only were the wheel well covers taken, but so was the transmission, the windshield, the mirrors, and all the movable parts under the cart. For some unknown reason, the batteries were still there. The seats were filthy, as they apparently removed the parts and then laid them up on the white seats. We are quite sure this was a "professional" job, because the Yamaha keys are different than most of the ones around the island, whoever took it must have picked it out purposely for the particular parts, the person who removed the transmission, etc., obviously knew what they were doing. We are assuming that it was dismantled somewhere around Marina's, and then pushed down the incline next to Xanadu, landing in the bush.

If anyone knows of, hears of, or sees a Yamaha cart new on the street, let us know as we suspect that someone has taken these parts to revive a cart.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board