AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jessie_30 Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 05:51 PM
Okay, so I've finally decided on having my wedding at Xanadu... thanks to all the info from all of you on this forum!!! I have never been to Ambergris Caye, thus, I have not tried any of their food. I am trying to plan a menu for the reception at Xanadu. Any suggestions on caterers or "must include" foods? I would like to include a little authentic Belizean food, but not too different... I have a sensitive stomache! Also, I have no idea what a competitive price would be per person for a nice meal, drinks not included. Anyone have any ideas on a price that I should ask for? I don't want to be taken advantage of just because I'm having a wedding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Posted By: JZB Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 05:53 PM
I've heard Caliente does a great job catering for weddings but are a little $$. Give Travel and Tours a call, they can help you plan everything.
Posted By: reaper Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 05:57 PM
$35usd-$40usd per plate would be a good price, including appetizers, main course, dessert and coffe, tea and soft drinks.
Posted By: jessie_30 Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 06:31 PM
Thanks so much for your help!
Posted By: Tillie Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 06:37 PM
We really like Xanadu jesse. The staff is very friendly. I'm sure a wedding there would be very nice.
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 06:42 PM
Barefoot, BeachBBQ and Belikins if it were mine. laugh Perhaps BCs.
Posted By: jessie_30 Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 06:57 PM
Belikin Bill - that's what I want too! I want a beach BBQ, fairly informal with some Belikins and some rum punch. I am considering BCs as well.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 07:50 PM
Charlene at BC's is offering just the type of service you're looking for. 501-226-3289.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 08:41 PM
Yes indeed. Charlene did my daughter's reception two years ago at Belizean Shores. [email protected]. There's no doubt she'll remember that. Tell her to quote what CHOOCHOO had. It was almost exactly what you are looking for, casual but very professional, no plastic. Should we expect anything else from "C"?
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 09:06 PM
Jessie_30 - My experience is that SimonB gives the best (no bias) responses on this site - trust him and go with it. Sounds like CHOOCHOO had a great experience!!!!! I do know that if I was doing one that who I would get.
Posted By: RobertE Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 09:08 PM
Another vote for Charlene. She catered a big party for my 40th b-day. AWESOME ! Too bad every birthday can't be at BC's.

Charlene runs a tight ship(takes no BS from her staff and is respected by her staff) and oversees everything. Excellent food and excellent prices. Charlene will give you a fair price and take care of you no doubt.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 10:04 PM
And will do it at Xanadu for you!
Posted By: jessie_30 Re: Wedding reception food - 05/10/06 11:00 PM
Wow... thanks so much! I think I'll go with Charlene!
Posted By: COZMO Re: Wedding reception food - 05/15/06 04:13 PM
Why not ask Susan... the manager at Xanadu.. she has referred many clients to catering opportunities - for weddings, etc.
Posted By: Gela Re: Wedding reception food - 05/15/06 04:46 PM
Su coordinates a lot of weddings at Xanadu. Last August I arrived just in time to watch a wedding right on the beach in front of the hotel. The wedding reception was around the pool - very nicely done. I called her last week to modify my reservation and she wasn't available because she was hosting yet another wedding.

Best wishes and have fun!
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Wedding reception food - 05/15/06 08:52 PM
If you talk to Charlene, ask her about including "pibil" in a buffet. It is a Mayan pulled pork kind of dish and very popular in the region. She has incorporated it into several caterings I have been to and it is always a hit. Would be something special for your guests I think. If you need help with flowers, talk to Dulce Wolfe, she does some awsome tropical wedding arrangements.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board