AmbergrisCaye.com Home
2nd time S.P. visitors here, (two adult, seasoned Carib travelers) looking to stay in a decent 1 or 2 BR condo with AC and full kitch and other amenities not too close to town, quiet preferred, no traffic outside windows, no sawmills (heh) nearby, steady electricity (at least as much as everyone nearby gets, ha), use of bicycles so we can get to town daily. Need Dec. 23-30, firm dates. Want to spread the wealth around a bit and give time-share or part-time condo owners a shot at our $1000.00. Got air tix on HOLD and I will make decision by 5pm EST Fri. 7/21--any takers?
that sounds like an awefully great deal for you... a 2 bedroom with bikes too during xmas season for only $140/NIGHT? where it is fully loaded if it is someone's condo with extra ammenities?
During Christmas! Let me know if it works for ya'. Lol
Thx ya'll- one must start somewhere, yes? Anyway, I do welcome useful and helpful suggestions...wry humor always welcome but out-and-out sarcasm appears to be a bit overdone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Who Wants $1000.00 US? (need place to stay for a week) - 07/19/06 08:25 PM
Hey, I don't know that people are being sarcastic - that's a deal several of us want! If you find it, share the wealth!
Sorry Carib, no harm meant but seriously that IS peak season and a holiday to boot. Good luck with your search. smile
No kidding! We've been thinking about a white sand beach Christmas instead of our usual white Christmas this year, and would hop right on it if we found a deal like that.

Sorry caribtraveler - pricing we've done over the last year and a half supports everyone elses comments!
Coral Bay Villas is $155.00 per night over the holidays. We just bought there a few months ago, I have no idea about availability over the holidays. It meets all your requirements, other than that nasty barge next door.... However, you can't see it from the second floor units.
I don't think $140 a night is out of the question. I charge what Caribtraveler is asking for with all the 'perks'. Unfortunately I took a reservation just yesterday. Sorry.
eek $1,000? You sure you don't want to come to Houston instead? laugh I don't have a bike but you can use my car! wink
$2000. wink That is going to be hard to find, someone's personal condo out of town but not too far from town, A/C/ (which quite a lot here and those living here do not use it in Dec)

I will glady stay at the in-laws during that period, but it'll cost twice that price. wink
$1000 hahahahahahahahah! It cost me $600.00 just for the electric bill last xmas for 10 days @ my place. Tripple the price and I will THINK about it!!
triple the price? no joke, offering mine at $2000. wink
oh and I have a dog, she stays.
KZK, Its well worth the $$$$. no bikes though, And damn shore it doesn't include my boat for that price either. eek
Traveler Keep looking I found a good deal here a couple of years ago from Kat 1 bed. though. Got spoiled last March @ 55 per night for a month 3 bed. 2ba Home. 5 miles north no bikes no AC but it's sold now and not for rent. Serious let me know I'm looking for a month between Jan-April and not picky.
Originally posted by 2MILESNORTHOFCUT:
KZK, Its well worth the $$$$. no bikes though, And damn shore it doesn't include my boat for that price either. eek
Oh!!! Forgot to mention would lend the in-laws bikes too
you get married K????? laugh
I was wondering too. Krazk are you married now? How did you sneak this one by us? Anyhow, congratulations!
Thanks all for the asides (she said ruefully). Actually we got a great deal on a 2BR new condo w/ pool on water, all amenities I described, just over the amount I identified, at the low end of market pricing but high(est)-end of ammenities, location, etc.

My 30-some years of marketing for US Fortune 100 companies has once again come in handy--put the bait in the water and see what happens. Although several comments were not terribly helpful or supportive, as I have generally found this forum to be for well over 2 years, perhaps some may recognize a learning experience here. Or not. Whatevah.

As always, I fully support the msg board and am delighted to be a part of the fabric of information exchange...
I'm impressed, well done. That is one hell of a deal for Christmas. Where is it out of curiousity.
caribtraveler - might not be a good idea to reveal your identity while you're there...could get sticky... eek
I was impressed caribtraveler. I am a firm believer in asking. The worst people can ever say is no!

Good for you.

Have a great visit.
I agree, good deal for sure, and good on Carib for finding it. Enjoy the Holidays! smile
in-laws? eek eek
Better than outlaws don't ya think confused
you never met mine! now they be ex-in/out-laws! laugh
I got along much better with my ex"s outlaws than I ever did with the in-laws.
caribt, you might be better off in Caye Caulker. PM me if you want more info...
LOL you three! Thought you'd know what I mean, his family. Here for some people called in-laws when you are close to the man and family. You would refer to them as Suegro/Suegra(mother in law/father in law), the neice or nephew might call you auntie ______, etc...
Not married!!!!!
wait, and the whole thing was a joke about lending the inlaws BIKES out, lol!!!
Oh Ok KZK, Selling something you don't have , I see, now I can go to $4000 (Thats US $). And I'll buy brand new bikes for them to use, And I'll send Simon up to stock up the place with some goodies too. :p
for that price I'll throw in new bikes and they can take the bikes home.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board