AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: beachboy Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 07/31/06 09:08 PM
As of this Friday there will be a four times a day Island Ferry Service from Fido's Courtyard Dock to the Fido's Sandbar and back.

The one way cost for August will be $5.00 Bze and rising to $7.00 Bze from September.
eek Very cool! Thanks Beachboy!
That's great. I stayed down south on my first trip and my only regret was not being able to get to town without a golf cart or taxi (I'm only good for about a two mile walk). BB - do you know if there will be a round trip discount?
BB, How far is Fido's sandbar from town? we are staying about 3 and half miles south of town, will we be near it? what times will they run?
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/01/06 10:40 PM
No round trip discount but the cost is half that of the land taxi and much faster.

There will be free Rumarita tokens available at both Fido's for the other.

The SandBar is 200 yards south of Victoria House.

The Ferry timetable will be available both in hard copy and on-line in both this weeks Ambergris Today and San Pedro Visitors Guide both in Advert and Editorial Format.
Oh Adam, We looked for you last 5th of July and had 28 people to get pizzas in your new localle that we had great fun at! We all loved the bar!!
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 03:40 PM
Can someone tell me where on earth does the Island Ferry pull up? I've tried to visit twice via the water and not only does the dock on the south end of the property look a little unstable to say the least, but it looks far too shallow to pull a boat up. The dock on the north end is a private dock with a gate. I'd love to come and check out the BBQ but need to know if I can get a boat in there. Also, what time is BBQ on Sundays?
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 05:04 PM
JZB the ferry is currently stopping at the private dock on the North side.

It is only allowed to stop to allow passengers to alight and embark for up to 15 minutes so as to comply with the public access rights under Belizean law.
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 05:28 PM
So there is nowhere to park then? Coming by cart is just not as much fun!
The traditional way is to put the boat on a stick. Carry a pushpole and shove it into the bottom, then tie the boat to it and wade ashore.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 06:17 PM
IMO
this is absolute crap-the private dock is allowed for access-TRUE-it is not for other businesses to use it commercially
at the present moment the dock is locked
have you asked permission and have you been granted this
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 06:51 PM
The access is before the locked area and full due dilligence were taken prior to the commencement of the service, including discussions with the Town Hall, Political Office, Police and Attorney.

The constitution is very clear on this matter. As you are aware Pedro I practised law in the UK and have fully read the constitution of Belize

I was fully aware that this issue could become a hot potato and made sure I could reply to any issues which were brought up.

I even have the support of many of the land taxis who now are waiting here to collect passengers.

In any case the new Pier should be erected within 6 - 8 weeks which will kill the issue. There is already a permit for it.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 07:50 PM
I am sure the owners of the dock are just delighted with your thoughtful use of their dock-read the law again -commercially you are not allowed to use it-no matter how much law you practised in the UK
In answer to your question, Pedro. They have not discussed docking with the McCords(owners). Wow, a new pier! Beach Boy, you're a wonder!
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 08:21 PM
The securiry guard attempted to move the ferry on yesterday and the police have told him he will be arrested for obstruction if he attempts to do so again.

Under common law and statute law the definition of commercial use does not include the setting down of persons unless the money is collected whilst still attached to the pier. It is not.

A legal well researched loophole. Pedro please do not make issues with what certainly is a beneficial service to the whole island and not just The Fido's Group.

Many people have been financially hammered with golf cart repairs in recent times travelling South due to the bad roads.

Now local San Pedrano's and Toursts alike can travel to town in less than 5 minutes. Businesses can freight between the South and centre.

People need no longer to stop at Pedro's Inn to rest their back en route to the Sandbar. They can come straight here.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 08:31 PM
Try parking at Fido's dock-you are moved on immediately(all spaces on the dock have been sold)many is the time that Malcolm has rushed down the dock and told people to clear off-one law for one and one for another-great advertising for people who want to invest on the island-build a million dollar house with a dock and then let a business,which has nothing to do with them, use it-one just has to wonder why a dock was not built by Fido's before utilising the ferry-easier to use other peoples properties
The pier(that's falling down) in front of Fido's Sand bar is the property or Royal Caribean Resort. The owner's of that project throw nickles like they were man hole covers, and yet they have the cajones to expect someone who has invested big bucks on their private property to allow public use of "their" pier???? Sorry, Beach boy, but think you would be more than a little pissed if it was your home.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 08:55 PM
Why would Beachboy care(remember he does not have a property in SP) -all he hopes and wants is to justify his exisistence to the Sandbar why should he care how he does it
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 09:27 PM
Let us not get personal Peter I have been very restrained recently.

We have just acquired some land on San Pedro and will commence building soon.

This is not just for SandBars benefit. I am doing everything possible to bring the situation to a conclusion with the new pier. Even Mr Witty has kindly offered to pay for a new 210ft pier.

We are however trying to get a 310ft pier completed where everyone will be able to stop on the North Side.

I am not a hypocrit. Victoria House have no issues they are also very reasonable people.

6 - 8 weeks is a maximum time scale it may well occur much quicker.

Belizean People are very protective of their "awl a we" land, of which we are talking about. We are all guests in this country whethere we have Nationality or Residency and many of us sometimes forget this.

Just because someone chooses to invest a fortune in a property that does not allow them the right to offend the people and culture by applying their cultural rules on ownership.

The people are very pleased with this new service. It creates employment and more.
this post was insulting to many and racist to many. 'whitey" this and that we don't need. You gringos need to go back to where you came from we don't need. its a new member, might be a flamer, who knows, but this post has been pulled. definently trying to cause trouble
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 09:36 PM
eek !! Easy there fella.

All I wanted was to be able to pull up and grab a bite to eat. Now I've opened up a huge can of worms....
Think your problem is solved Beachboy. Victoria House has no issues, how about them letting the ferry dock there until you get the pier built? Sure Brett will be very happy to let you do that since they are also a business.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 09:52 PM
Lovey my problem was always solved. I had a point to prove on behalf of the Indiginous Belizeans, one of whom is my wife.

Thank you tarponman very much indeed. I was always on strong ground with the locals.

It sure wound you up Pedro, relax I was always one step ahead.
I am vexed by rich forieghners who come here and dont think they have to abide by our laws and customs. Last check we still ran this country.

Belize is not your toilet Pedro.
Posted By: Short Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/05/06 11:26 PM
Originally posted by tarponman:
A few white people come down here with money and they think they can run the whole island now. I can dock or fish around any dock I want to and I am protected by my country's laws. Go back to gringo land if you dont like it whitey.
Hello Tarponman, I read from your profile that you a manager and interrested in everything that involves making money.
Without choosing sides here, I think it's wise to chill a lil, in order to reach your goals.
Peace
Me thinks some are not who they purport to be.
If you decide to go out on the pier and sing "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" tonight wouldcha keep it down. laugh laugh
Posted By: Phil Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 12:45 AM
What is the exact legal standing on dock access for both peoples leisure and docking, and does anyone know where the details can be found and read.

Is it just an unwrtiten rule that North is public for day docking but not overnight(?)and South private or a law or constitutional right. I see locked gates on many but always half way down a dock, and have also been told access is just for emergency rather than day to day use. I have heard many differing views. It seems that an individual owns the wood that is the dock, through a GOB attained permit, but obviously not the land as it is on Queens or public land.

It does seem a bit much to just use someones dock commercially without even consulting the owner -if this is the case - but if that's the law then so be it. I can't however think of another instance where a business has done this without paying in some shape or form for the access, and it's more than a little rude, especially if their own dock is only a few weeks away then why not wait until you have things in place.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 12:46 AM
6 weeks to build the pier, 310ft? OK, Adam, $1000.00 says it won't be ready 6 weeks from Monday 7th Aug.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 12:56 AM
Short please understand that it is every Belizeans birthright to do what tarponman said.

I have lived with the populus here for many years and think like a Belizean.

If you build a pier in excess of 75ft it becomes a public pier on the north side for the very reasons I stated earlier in this string. I am not out to make war. I am just doing what the law was originally intended for.

It can be very hard for us westerners to comprehend and apply but I for one made this my adopted country. I will not be bullied in any way when I stand up for what is right.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 01:43 AM
Pedro, I need to be advised on the law on substantial gambling in Belize perhaps you can enlighten me on its enforcability and what taxes I would be liable for.

Lovey already owes me $1,000 for having the road graded.
Have ya'll heard of the Queens rights and the law of the sea????????????????????????????????? DUH!!!
Pedro, get a life...check up on your maritime law. You can not ever turn anyone away from landing at your dock in the Belize waters (number one). The queen has rights to the first 30 feet of the ocean, you can't run it or own it. Found out this at Glover's Reef when the fisherment would land at shore and fish the waters in the lagoon. PERIOD.
However, I did shoot over their heads........doesn't mean you can dock there indefinately but you have the right to land.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 02:55 AM
Adam I am sure lovey will pay you-if what you say is true
Do you want to bet on your statements or not?
Rememeber you still owe a drinks tab at Pedro's!!
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 03:45 AM
Peter, as you want to get personal on line I believe I gave up 2 days per week @ $1,000 US per day consultacy to come to San Pedro to start a Pizza House in partnership with you whilst working on a salary sacrifice for a 50% owniership of the busiess rstaurant in Cayo for a nominal salary.

It really is about time that real people knew the truth.

If you examine your accounts correctly you will find that you in fact owe me much more than you state I owe you. In my 45 years on the planet no one has ever stated I am anything besides honourable. Wake up and do not play games with me.

I have a job to do and wish you would mind your own business and not interfere in my business.

I worked unltil 2am last night and started worked doing inventory at 4:30am let us leave other alone please.

I will not at any time allow anyone you to tarnish that reputation, period.

I will not comment on what went between us but I bet 20 years of experience I was not at fault.

Firstly I have a very honest track record and will not tolerate your behavour at trying to gain brownie points on line.

I know I can produce, but I have deliberately allowed you to carry on your business without interference from me, in fact I recommend people to Pedro's, Leave me alone to do what I have to do to make this Island attract the people we want here.

I apoligize to other board members but this needs to be said.

The time has come to stop this once and for all.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 04:24 AM
Bull****-you are full of it-remember you have told everyone that you bought a pizza oven 6 weeks ago-where is it-open anything you like-just one small point try using your own money
also when you arrived in san pedro I had to pay your tickets and give you money so that you could live
1000 dollar consultancy per day -you have got to be kidding
Posted By: Wendy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 07:47 AM
mad eek confused frown Pedro give it a rest! This dispute, if there really is one, should not be here.
I believe you have done some great things in San Pedro and for that you should be congratulated. Unfortunately, you undo all of it with your crap, bitching and delight in stirring "things" up. Suggest you put your energy into the positive things you are doing...
I seldom post because of people like you who are quick to critizize and find fault with ideas/thoughts posted by others.
Please don't bother to respond to this.
Personally I am very interested in the discussion. I never knew about the distinction between the north and south side of piers.
Back to the water taxi and piers! If you look at the original post. It announced the "good news" that the ferry would be going from "Fidos to Fidos Sandbar". IMHO that sounds alot like a marketing ploy not terribly altruistic. For whatever reason, it is very cheeky to use someone's pier (without consulting them) for this purpose. I doubt anyone would deny docking for an emergency or short periods to any Belizian. This is something altogether different no matter what kind of a good will "spin" you put on it. Adam, I don't think you have a monopoly on respect for the Belizian people. There are many many expats who live here and are very sensitive to the customs and rights of Belizians. It may even be a little condesending to think we have to jump in to the rescue. They are pretty capable of governing themselves, don't you think? Again, this is more about being a decent neighbor and respect; self serving is transparent no matter how you mask it.
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 01:45 PM
By the way this is not JZB.

Based on my understanding the Twon Board does not have anything to do with docks. The docks and permits are issued by the Ministry of natural Resources. They are the ones that generally do a physical inspection before granting a permit in conjunction with a letter of recommendation from the town.

NOBODY has the right to stop someone from coming and going on their dock! The right is basic Ingress and Eagress. Come and go and if you need to park for a short while that is just common courtesy. If the dock has a commercial operation on it that uses most of the dock and does not have the room then the person should understand and go elsewhere.

Queens beach varies in size depending on where you are. In some places it is 12 feet in others 66 feet.

I would never stop someone from coming and going. You can however decide to make your dock a non fishing zone if you like. That means that nobody can fish on your dock but you can't stop persons from pulling up and anchoring off your dock and doing it. However if someone decided to start using my dock for carting construction supplies that might damage the dock and did not tell me about it and if the law says I have no recourse then at that point I would simply pull up 200 feet of dock planks and if they really want to continue to use the dock then so be it.

Docks are a major investment and should always be treated with respect by everyone that uses them and frankly that is not always the case.

As for the I was born here and I have more rights then you that is complete BS. Anyone who lives here has to accept the laws and people that live here US, Canadian, Belizean, other.

As for I will fish park and do whatever I want I would say to the tarpon guy that he should try fishing on the dock over at Amigos Del Mar or Ramons and see what happens. They are Belizean and they will kick you off the dock in 10 seconds flat. On the other hand they will let you on to go swimming and hangout. It should be every docks owners right to decide if they want to have fishing or not and based on my understanding that is the case.

Beachboy: Building a 300 foot dock at the sandbar will not resolve any of your problems since the water is still not deep enough. Are you also planning on Dredging?

The law may be on your side but for someone who says they are honorable that is really not the way to do things. I am not concerned about the investment that the folks who actually own the dock have I am concerned about being a good neighbor. If I were them I would simply remove all the boards on the dock until you have your dock in place.

As for the personall vendetta's between you and Pedro those should be taken care of at the next boxing night and that way maybe one of you could actually make a few bucks off the other.

I would pay to see this and I am sure many other would as well. Lets say 6 weeks from today so that we can all come to the sandbar by boat.

As for the great service to Belizeans that the Ferry represents I am not sure that there is one.

which Belizeans are taking advantage of this service. Please don't make this sound like you have just done a deed that deserves to have you considered for sainthood.

I want to see a good clean fight.... Lets Get ready To Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumble.

Josh
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 01:50 PM
When a legal controversy arises where there is a grey area we tend to examine similar judgements and resolutions to gain clarification. This is the basis of case law under the Roman systen which applies in Belize. Its use and interpretation differs greatly from the US or UK systems in application.

For example let us look at the Barton Creek access as an example.

The law of Belize states there is a 66 foot passage where water lies. i.e. a river or stream. Would this includes a stream say two foot wide. Of course not in practise, but here the access was for a stream only some 8 foot wide in parts opening up near to the site itself.

At Barton Creek the son of the land owner was charging $5 to gain passage to the entry of the site which was on his land. This was becoming a tidy sum of money so he fences off to the waters edge to prevent people gaining access.

This caused a nightmare situation where tour guides started slashing his tyres etc. Again a gringo implementing what he saw fit which caused financial hardship to many Belizeans who behaved in a way most gringos would find discusting.

However had the gringo respected the law of the land in the first place the behaviour would not have occurred. No prosecutions occured and the gringo had to remove the fence.

Passage is now allowed. What we all need to understand is the difference between common and statute law.

The basis of common law is what the people actually do in practise and understand to be correct. Much of the pier issue lies well within this understanding.

I agree that now is the time for a clear statute to be drawn up to clarify things once and for all.

It is also clear to me that there is no way whatsoever that that statute would prevent persons having access to the north side of piers.

The masses of this country do not have the money to all purchase and run boats So let us consider whether the legislaters would rule against this. Absolutely no way, it would cause riots.

Look what happened in Benque when the bus fares were increased buy one dollar. Novelos Buses were being stoned and pushed over in the riots.

What may be legislated is a docking fee as has been suggested. And let me make it clear that it would be the gringos who would be forced to do this.

When a permit to build a pier is issued the authorities look whether it will benefit the community at large by its approval.

It would appear to me that many people think just because they pay for something they can enforce issues which are outside the law.

Let me tell you in my experience if this issue was persued it would cause a situation in which no one would come out looking good.

No one would come out of this looking good as the gringos would be viewed as behaving in an unreasonable manner and from some gringos point of view the Belizeans would be viewed in behaving unreasonable.

Look how when the British soldiers started going to San Ignacio on R and R. These young men swanned into town with what was perceived as copious amounts of money and started getting the local girls pregnant etc.

No one considered the consequences. Then when one was found crucified on a raft floating down the Macal River everyone was up in arms.

It was obvious that something like that would happen from the start.

At the moment we have a controversial string but what everyone needs to appreciate is that the support I am receiving from the Belizeans and the pressure to persue this on their behalf is overwhelming.

Today I will endeavour to play Switzerland to resolve the issue as there is no benefit to anyone. The point has been made and I hope that a little education has been given to all of us.
Agreed, It is a benefit for workers who are north of the cut. South, I'm not so sure. Most of the constuction workers ride bikes or walk. Can they really afford $5 each way($7.50 in September ?) when they are making $30-$40 a day?
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 02:47 PM
I don't think you understand..... Does the ferry going SOUTH benefit Locals Not north......
Please tell me how many locals have used it to go south for anything but getting a drink at the San Bar.
Whoa!

People like myself - are happy to learn about this new way of getting to the SandBar. Bumming rides from people gets old. :rolleyes:

Sounds like Beachboy has it figured out! 12 more sleeps!!!
Posted By: klcman Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 02:52 PM
better reserve 1A on that Ferry, TQ wink
Bingo!! laugh
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 03:04 PM
I have been involved in the application and issuance of several dozen peir permits of which the above remarks are based. Those are simply the general rules.

As for what actually happens that is not the point and you would certainly be correct in saying that for a few bucks you can get almost anything you want.

Changing this is up to the people who vote and they should voice their concerns.

Beachboy: everything you said in your post addresses nothing.

Basically what you said is that you are a crusader for the Belizean people and that what you are doing to the McCords is what should have been done and what every Belizean wants you to do.

This makes no sense at all. The law is made in a vague manner so that it can be interpreted in different ways based on the times and judges are the ones who interept the laws. Things change and I think that san Pedro is a perfect example.

This is nolonger the sleepy fishing village it once was and that is not my fault. It is the path that was choosen by the powers that be.

This island is experiencing growing pains and will most likely continue to do so for sometime. Docks, Traffic, zoning, the Master plan, etc, etc.

As noble as it would seem, I am not sure the pizza guy is the one who should be crusading.

In parting I would like to say that this board makes me angry almost everyday because there is always someone saying something strictly for their own personal gain under the guise of making the island better for everyone and more particualrly Belizeans.

Over the years Belizeans have stood up well to the onslaught of Gringos and they will most likely continue but, not through the use of prejudice.

Have a happy sunday everyone.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 03:27 PM
I have voted for the past 6 years and have every right to fight for any cause I feel appropriate.

I carry a high profile here on the Island and on the mainland more so. I certainly do not abuse my media position or wave my big stick on many issues.

We are working closely with the EMS to provide equipment storage South and with others on many other community issues.

I do however appreciate everyones stance on this specific matter.

JZB please read into my last post carefully you obviously have missed my point.

It is important for all of us to work and live together in harmony.

Happy Sunday All.
Sterling here from Island Ferry

Everyone take a deep breath for a minute. My stance is that we (IF) will operate by the letter of the law however I am certainly sympathitic to the home owner concerns. This is the first time we have been denied access to docks to pick people up. I have talked to Adam this morning and an alternative arrangement has already been made that should satisfy everyone.

As far as the persons on this board who suggested that Island Ferry doesnt help Belizeans I would like to draw there attention to the 0700 and 1700 runs whose passengers are nearly all Belizeans going and coming from work at reduced rates. Also we have introduced last year a special boat for picking up school children at extremely reduced rates. This run is basically being subsidized by Island Ferry FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of meeting the needs of our comunity.

Island Ferry, as a company procedure, will stop business to allocate its full resources to handling medical emergencies that arise all to frequently on our island.

Island Ferry provides free transportation to doctors and police officers who require transport in the course of there duties.

Also, JZB, I have recently (amoung many other training opportunities I offer to my staff) sent four of my staff(all Belizeans) to attend week long comprehensive leadership/rescue courses to prepare them to handle emergencies at sea. These educational opportunities for my staff help Island Ferry to handle the type of emergancies that we will come across in the course of there duties. And as they leave Island Ferry for other employment on the Island they go with certification and mental tools that will make them a greater asset to other employers.

I hope this puts to rest concerns regarding Island Ferry docking arrangements at the Sandbar or any other misconceptions regarding Island Ferry's benefit to Belizeans.
Beachboy - thanks for the Sunday well wishes. A few months ago you posted a question...you wondered why certain posters posted, and many did not post on this board...do you recall ? I was just wondering if you'd figured that out yet.
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 05:14 PM
IN Response to Solaris01.

You did not read my post. I never questioned the good of the island ferry or EMS or anything other than the motives for the service to the sandbar which are in the best interest of the sandbar and tourists.

That is all I think the ferry is good.

Sorry I am reminded to close in saying that the opinions discussed in this post do not relfect the opinions of the real JZB who I am not.

Sorry for the confusion.

Josh
Barrister, $1000usd per day consultant to cook, quite a career move.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/06/06 06:57 PM
Cracked up,

Ex-prosecutor and financial manager. I love to cook and changed career in 1991. I run businesses from the kitchen where at all possible. Unfortunately I rarely cook any more I have a staff to manage.

Management Consultancy on the mainland is badly needed and that was my main source of income to allow me to cook which is my passion.

My TV series is a passion too and allows me to educate people on food nutrition etc.

I hope that this makes things a little clearer for you.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/07/06 05:47 PM
do we have a bet
where does the island ferry dock now?
Posted By: JZB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/07/06 05:55 PM
I noticed another gate being built on the dock yesterday.
How very sad. These poor people(owners) were quietly minding their own business and suddenly find themselves in the middle of a cat fight they didn't start. On any given Sunday I've watched local kids or families swim off the end of the pier and have never heard the owners complain in the 6yrs I've known them. No one comes out a winner here.
what are you talking about they try to stop me casting for sardines in my own boat around the dock.
Posted By: Marty Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 08/31/06 12:35 AM
Sterling, you rock
First, I am ALL IN FAVOR of a boxing match between Pedro and Beachboy....what a card! come and train with me on Sunset Beaches Dock (they dont seem to mind that i use it every day...and dock there too smile ). 4pm mon through thurs we train.

Second, I do think that, although its not entirely altruistic, being a "southie" without a golf cart, i do like the idea that i can get into town for $5, and do see it as a good thing for the land owners, locals and tourists for people to be able to get south. I know when it rains, i literally cannot get out of my area...the roads wash away completely.
4pm for training? That would be a sight, 2 wet noodles trying to punch their way out of wet paper sacks. Please don't use anything heavier than a ballon for a speed bag.
So,where is the ferry docking now? Is the pier done?
I'll bet on Beachboy! Anyone?
Posted By: KB Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 09/05/06 01:39 PM
JZB - I assume the Witty referred to by Beachboy is Mr Bob Witte who owns a large portion of land in that area. I would be shocked to see Bob cough up money for anything including a 300 foot pier unless there is a financial incentive for him(I had heard he was an investor in the "army baracks" project but only rumour). As a homeowner in the area I agree with Lovey and am shocked that a business owner would just move in on someone elses's pier, causing that family not only a loss of privacy, a loss of security and likely an increase in garbage pickup and pier maintenance costs. Beachboy - that you can speak so casually of what you have done to your neighbours is upsetting and despite your protestations this is not really the Belizian "live and let live" way of doing things. Very uncool. We are on the south side but I will not use this service until a proper docking arrangement can be made.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: Island Ferry to South of Ambergris Caye - 09/05/06 01:41 PM
Wonderwoman,I will take BP,I know he was a good athelete in his younger days and is very "resourceful"
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board