AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Divin'Dad A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 09:33 PM
Hi, all.

You guys have so much local knowledge that it makes a protonewbie like me jealous. So, put your heads together and tell me this:

What are your favorite things (no raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, please) about AC? Anything. Food. People. Things to do. Places to visit. Obvious and out of the way.

I'll take your word for it, make a list and try to hit them all.

Thanks, as usual, for all your good input.
Posted By: peggy549 Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 09:37 PM
The people are the best thing about the island. After that, it's the ocean. Warm, clear and inviting. The great diversity of food! You can go cheap, you can go expensive. However, I usually go cheap and save the money for excursions and diving.
Posted By: peggy549 Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 09:38 PM
The people are the best thing about the island. After that, it's the ocean. Warm, clear and inviting. The great diversity of food! You can go cheap, you can go expensive. However, I usually go cheap and save the money for excursions and diving.
Posted By: Nova Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 10:02 PM
Favorite thing - BC's on Sundays. Favorite appetizer - any shrimp dish at Fido's. Favorite happy time 5-7 pm daily at Crazy Canucks. (Of course!) Favorite dessert - Key Lime Pie at Casa Picasso. Favorite chicken and rice - George's Kitchen. 'Nuff from me.
It doesn't get any better than this laugh [Linked Image]
Posted By: tacogirl Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 11:36 PM
Sunrise on the sea and sunset on the lagoon. Friendly people that say hi on the street. the food, Sunnny days, Rainy days, so many great things about ambergris caye
Posted By: Scuba do Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/02/06 11:59 PM
The way people love dogs,lobster dinners and a 20 knot trade wind in my face
Posted By: deacon+ Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 12:04 AM
Jay, your not going to catch that croc that way. laugh
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 12:06 AM
A day snorkeling, fishing and beach barbecue with Tulu, breakfast at Estel's, laying in a lounge chair at Banana Beach at midnight drinking a Belikin with the trade winds blowing on my face when it's 10 degree's at home.

Amazing I'll spend so much money in February to go find the kind of weather we are having right now in the Midwest! But it's not very often I get a chance to skydive over AC.
By the way Reaper, if you come across this, someone asked me what altitude we jumped from?
Posted By: Windjammer Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 12:34 AM
PB - that would be 13,000 ft. eek and it is awesome! laugh And remember we will be sharing Tulu also cool
Posted By: DB Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 01:04 AM
Divin'Dad, all of the above desrve a hardy amen!

In addition (or maybe it's all of the above) there is a certain vibe that exists when you are there. Rain or shine, day or night. laugh
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 01:10 AM
WJ, I remember. Can't wait to see Tulu.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 01:23 AM
Laying on a float in one of Banana Beach's pools, reading novel after novel and knowing the office can't reach me! smile
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 01:32 AM
Law-And holding everyone's wallet.
Priceless!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 11:02 AM
wink
Posted By: Kerri_Canada Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 06:20 PM
THE PEOPLE MAKE THE PLACE!!! San Pedro could be a gross & unattractive place but because of the people, I would still go there...
but its a total bonus that San pedro is in fact one of the most beautiful places ever!!! Gotta love that Belizean hospitality! SO laid back...its perfect for EVERYONE 5 years old to 90 years young!!!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 08:00 PM
Sitting on the beach in the early a.m.....cup of coffee in my hand, watching the sun rise and the island starting to come to life. People walking down the beach w/ smiles on their faces.
Great diving experiences, nurse sharks and grouper all swimming around you. You can reach out and actually touch them.
In the evening, a cold one in my hand, watching the sun set and re-living a perfectly, laid-back day in San Pedro! Cheers to all! laugh
Posted By: Kerri_Canada Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 08:56 PM
Ok just reading everyone's post makes me realize that I cannot wait 5 more months frown
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 09:38 PM
Wow... where to start... Everything about SP is wonderful... the people, the food, the beaches, the water... the list goes on!

Kerri i have to agree with you the people is what makes the place, the BELIZEAN HOSPITALITY... it made me feel at home, i actually never missed home that much while i was there!

I'm counting down the weeks before I go back to Paradise! SP is definately breath taking...

La Isla Bonita explains it all!
Posted By: klcman Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 10:02 PM
In no particular order:

1. Giving the little kids a ride on the golf cart
2. Belikin
3. driving up North to Palapa, et al
4. Belikin
5. Hanging out at BC's
6. Belikin
7. Harassing Steve/Suzy at Coconet
8. Belikin
9. Dinner at CP with great company
10. Belikin
11. Giving Tim some of my hard earned disposable income for a GREAT rest
12. Belikin
13. Watching Pedro1 trying to score
14. Belikin
15. Listening to Dennis Wolfe
16. Belikin
Posted By: wonderwoman Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/03/06 11:50 PM
Don't forget little Coco Loco's Beach Bar north of the cut!!!
Posted By: Stephania*21 Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 12:07 AM
So many things to name....but here are a few....
1) THE PEOPLE
2) WHITE SAND & TURQUOISE WATER
3) THE DIVING (HOL CHAN WAS AMAZING)
4) THE PIERS WITH THE PALAPA'S AT THE END
5) CIRCLING IN THE GOLF CART!!!! NEED I SAY MORE.....
6) FLOATING ON MY INFLATABLE IN THE OCEAN
7) WET WILLY'S
8) MY LOVELY PARENTS!! MISS YOU GUYS!!
9) KEY LIME @ CARAMBA'S
10)JET-SKIING

......and the list goes on....but that's just to name a few....

ahhh, can't wait...only 4 1/2 months till I can be back enjoying all those things once again...
Posted By: Ernie B Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 12:09 AM
Please forgive him WW, for he knows not what he speaketh.
Posted By: klcman Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 12:52 AM
Hush E - Did not forget, included it in the "et al" wink
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 12:58 AM
By the way, that's a pretty cool pic.
Posted By: lacysisland Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 08:24 AM
All the above and so much more!!We had the world when we were loving life in SP and we had an awakening when we got back in Tx, it's great but all who were there can't wait for the next time in SP, it's just awesome and we love it! Our friends in St. George be warned, and at Poney's as well, we will be back!!
Posted By: spots101x Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 05:10 PM
For me, it's the chill cool I wanna come back NOW!
Posted By: Bobber Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 05:14 PM
Heavy sigh. :rolleyes:

Whiskey on kittens?

Definitely the people, the atmosphere, Belikin.
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 06:05 PM
Oh Bobber.....I'm not touching the "whiskey on kittens" bit! laugh LMAO when I thought about it for a second! Nothing like a few innuendos tho'!
Posted By: MALIBU Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 06:32 PM
Sunrise at early30
A cool and refreshing beverages on the beach, barhopping up (or down) the beach. Ahhhhhhh.
Meeting GREAT people!!!
Puttin on a floozy dress and walking to dinner.
Posted By: Dana Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/04/06 06:55 PM
Jesse's daily newspaper.....but whiskey on kittens doesn't sound bad
Posted By: margarita Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/06/06 07:04 PM
Estel's Dine by the Sea for breakfast

snorkeling anywhere - even off some docks

snorkel/dive Hol Chan at night

fishing for lunch, snorkel then beach BarBQue

rent a golf cart for at least one day

Chicken Drop?

Lions Club & Wed night BarBQue Holiday Hotel

Pizza Delivered to your porch

Walking the beach & stop along the way for cold refreshments many places take a dip too

Belize it!
Posted By: Beachy Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/07/06 04:05 PM
A few of mine: The sound of the paleta man jingling down my street, "Aye Paletas!" The soft chirp of geckos behind the TV. The laughter and screeches of a cartload of carousing revelers on the way home from town, the driver expertly teasing the puddles for the delight of his passengers. The soft chit-chit-chit of gossamer-rusty hummingbirds moving from sundrenched flower to flower while I read on the porch. Distant songs caught on the wind, delivered by cormorants circling above, snatches of drumbeats from some party nearby, the rythmic shuffle sound of flip flops on ladies that go by. Midnight's swim: Soft creak of ropes and the lapping of the sea on a dock under the symphony of stars (with a Milky Way chorus) as the sounds, voices and laughter of an evening's work rinse away. "We're back, it's been a long time!" hearty greetings from friends returning. Sand in your ears as you Q-tip at the mirror. The sound a palm makes outside of your window, like ghostly librarians shushing a room, or the sound of an old woman using a broom.
beachy
Posted By: San Pedro Daily Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/07/06 04:28 PM
NICE! Poetic...
Posted By: ozarksdiver Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/08/06 04:44 AM
this thread has put a huge smile on my face....I cannot wait to see and do the things you all describe so well.
Posted By: Marty Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/08/06 05:03 AM
dancing til sweating, then dive in the water. repeat all night

nighttime in the people perch

24/7 on the top of azul belize

george and marie

mervin with any san pedrano over 40

estels in the morning....

hanging out at banana beach

any pier very late at night

hol chan at dusk

hanging out way up north where there ain't nuthin.

the porch at Lilys

the porch at coconet

i could go on all night
Posted By: Marty Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/08/06 05:03 AM
lime juice
Posted By: Divin'Dad Re: A Few of Your Favorite Things... - 08/08/06 11:45 AM
Thank you all so much. However, it seems we'll have to extend our stay indefinitely as I want it ALL! Keep 'em coming.

DD
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board