AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Scuba do beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 12:41 PM
Have a public debate,boxing match or any event they can agree on ( ouch ) during reapers Boogie in Belize.Sell tickets at an inflated price to us boarders wanting to see the action and donate the money to the men's favorite local charity ( if they can agree on that ).I would fly down for this. Anyone else ?
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 09:46 PM
How about a pizza cook off? laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 10:50 PM
That's an awfully long time for the rest of us to wait. How about something safe to fill in the meantime - something like crocodile wrestling?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 10:57 PM
My money is on Bad Peter. That other cat sounds like a woosie to me. smile And, a self serving big mouth to boot. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 11:13 PM
I know this is off topic, but - Hi E! smile
Posted By: bywarren Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 11:15 PM
Ernie, I know them both. And, each has their qualities. Adam can cook. Peter can, Peter can, Peter can. Well, Peter can be Peter. Now I said they both have their qualities. I choose my words carefully and did not specify good or bad qualities. :p
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 11:28 PM
Jagger drinking, sand bowling, golf cart racing, or a combination of all three. That's the ticket. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Mozimaker Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 11:50 PM
OK, I'll bite. What is 'sand bowling' and does one have to imbibe to participate?
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/07/06 11:56 PM
They have it at the "sand bar"/"Fido's 2". It Is cool.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 12:02 AM
I thought beachboy would have chimed in by now....maybe he is printing the tickets ( all proceeds to charity )...or working on a 7-10 split..
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 12:40 AM
Bywarren, again, your words are carefully structed to not offend anyone. When I grow up, I would like to be just like you, except a lot younger and better looking.
Posted By: bywarren Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 12:56 AM
Ernie, normally you get three wishes if you find the Genie and rub her just right. So go for "younger, better looking and richer" if you find her and still think you have a rub or two left in you. :p
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 01:03 AM
One outta three aint too bad, at my age.
Posted By: bywarren Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 01:10 AM
I have also learned in my latter years that my physical attractiveness is not as important to some as my financial attractiveness. Unfortunatly, I used to have some money, but I spent most of it on women and whisky and the rest of it I wasted. wink
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 01:12 AM
Wiskey an' women sound like the right combination for a couple of old jar heads. Please do not waste anymore money on food and shelter !
Posted By: Scuba do Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 07:30 PM
LET'S SEE FREE PIZZA,FREE BEER...payperview webcam..could they box on the way down skydiving,land in a go-cart,do a shot,race to the sand bowling,first strike wins..
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/08/06 08:27 PM
Okay Board Members the offer of a challenge is now accepted by myself.

This is my proposal which has yet to be agreed upon;

A two centre match of Pool, Poker and one other sport at Pedro's.

At The SandBar Bowling, Horseshoes and Say Pizza Discus.

The exact details to be finalized.

I want to see at least $5,000USD put up for charity,which is the end game after all. The SandBar will donate so much for each drink sold etc. as I expect to be done in return.

The police are quite happy to side line the events in the event of disputes which cannot be finalised by the competitors!

The press are prepared to market and assist in any way they can for the benefit of the community.

For Pedro, I do not know which charity he wants to represent, maybe Saga? He is in Mexico and as yet has not replied to my private e-mail sent yesterday.

I must emphasise that as far as I am concerned the charity is the cause and nothing else, period!

This is a very good cause for users of the board to help the Belizean community.

Pedro, I know can be very community conscious. Despite what others board member may think he can and is very charitable to right cause.

Just look what he did for the Fruit Lady! He has a very soft side to his personality when it chooses him. In fact in spite of our differences I do like him as a person in many ways.

Let others allow us both to benefit the community.

I wish to thank the masses of people who have sent me private e-mails in support of this event

Adam
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 02:16 AM
I see no replies have been posted, you were not so shy when you all 74 pax e-mailed me.

Wake up people I did respond and have done the right thing! Where are you now?

Do not make comments unless you can back them up! neither Peter or Myself would do, as you all know!

This is a charity event, so speak and confirm I know Peter would all call you ***** for daring the challenge but not behaving in the same way you talk.

I have done of the the ground work for the benefit of the comuntity before I answered,I and I will speak for Pedro in his abscence.

"I know he will do the Event, but please people do the right thing by both of us."

We are always prepared to speak when matters concern us both whether we agree or not.

Adam
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 02:26 AM
Adam, sorry to upset you. It was all in fun but I guess not for you. Again I applogise.
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:00 AM
Deacon,

In all good fun there may be a charitable side. Let me tell all of you that was not the comments I received personally.

Most people believed it was a chariable event worth donating to.

It is okay to me and I am sure Pedro, that the
"wossy" and other comments made were made with feeling and emotion.

We both have strong and charitable feelings and frankly I am disappointed by the boards response.

Many people are prepared to speak out and not put their money their mouth is.

That is something I am not prepared to do.

We have both big Balls and I have seen Pedro early morning and confirm this, albeit to fetch some room keys!

It would seem when the carrot is led, whimps appear. Wait until Peter returns, he will repond accordingly.

Board member beware you might actually find we are strong allies on this!

Adam
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:04 AM
I am to wasted to reply-however no-one talks for me-that is for sure-I can guarantee that I have not communicated with beachboy or anyone else(on this thread)-
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:35 AM
Peter,

At last you reply. Where have you been and in what state? I notice that your presence has been missed. When you next check your e-mails maybe you will see the point of all this.

I know you well enough that you would maybe once agree with me at least on this one. I have given you benefit of the doubt many times. Prove me wrong!

Welcome back to the board in whatever normal state you are!

Check your e-mails! This is for charity and we can make an awfull lot of money for charity here so sober up!

Are you prepared for the challenge or not?

I am at least prepared to prove that I am a man and not a mouse.

Beachboy
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:39 AM
Once again, apologise to both. But this board has been boring and this was something to play with.
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 04:01 AM
Deacon my friend you have nothing to apoligise for.

What we all need to understand is that this is an ideal opportunity for us both to provide the entertainment and the competitiveness we both possess to do good for the community.

If Peter does not want to do so, and those were not real balls,so be it!

I talk to the Chamber this Thursday and on the Radio afterwards for the benefit of the community.

If those people on the board feel, as some have expressed, thatI only do things for financial gains and not others, they really have no idea!

This is only an opportunity for charities to benefit not either of us.

Pedro show us your BALLS!
Posted By: cracked up Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 02:48 PM
If I need to take the "Island Ferry" to this event, how far will I have to walk?
Posted By: JZB Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 02:50 PM
Although you may be on the right track Beachboy, I honestly don't think that 99% of the island knows or cares that you and Peter have a vicous rivalry going. It is mostly this board who eggs you both on and since most of this board lives abroad, you might have trouble raising the $5Gs.

Have your competition in which you both compete but let anyone else enter also for say $20bz. Winner gets $100 certificate to either of your restaurants. If you or Peter win, the loser has to kiss the winners feet.

I think plenty of people would show up if they could play!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:06 PM
Not this gringo !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:07 PM
Jeezzz, leave the gloves home. eek
Posted By: viejomein Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:17 PM
No mein lets see some action. i can provide the guns after the match if the looser wants revenge
Posted By: viejomein Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 03:19 PM
or better yet, looser can pay me and i take care of business for him or her
Posted By: Scuba do Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 06:25 PM
I started this thread knowing that the brunt of the giving would be stateside,just like with the Fruit Lady. I know that these two men have the heart and personality to raise the money beachboy set for a goal.This thread was started to help the local Belizean community and to address the new/old members of the board who don't like the personal attacks prevalant on the board lately.I would donate $100 US to see this match..we only need 49 more..beachboy,thank you for your response..I now see you offering to better the island thru a challenge with Peter...JZB is right,most of San Pedro could care less,but this board does care about giving to the island we all love..let's do it again..Peter,which charity would you like to represent?
Posted By: Tillie Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 06:39 PM
This is completely ridiculous. Who gives a s**t about what goes on between these two. How about a party, just a reason to raise money, for the comunnity or a charity!! NOt some stupid battle between these two.

Beachboy -- this is starting to make you look bad!
Posted By: viejomein Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 07:08 PM
i don't agree with you Tillie. i think that these two here talk too much. just like the way they like to talk a lot, i think they they can also give a lot. so just inform where will this be taking place and we will be there.
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 07:41 PM
This is not really a personal battle it is a reason to gain some benefit for the community.

Tillie do you really know either of us? I think not. We both can be outspoken and can deliberately wind people up.

It is an English thing and I make no apology for our sense of humour. It is very different to that of the North Americans. In fact our sense of humoue can really offend others, but it won't change. We are also, as a nation very sarcastic.

I for one have had to learn your sense of humour as well as that of the Belizeans. Our cultures are different and we just need to understand each other.

I am goading Pedro deliberately because I do want to do a fund raise and not in any way to prove a point. I am sure we can find a way of making this work.

Pedro is back and I am sure he is monitoring this board. He also has a business to run and will be tired from his travelling.

Let us all not get the wrong idea here. We don't always mean what we say. We are not going to have a fight or anything like that please understand.

I would not dare to talk to any other Board member as I do Pedro. He can take it as he gives as good as he gets.

It is all in fun.
Posted By: reaper Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 07:57 PM
I'm thinking paintball guns (pink paint) from 50 paces! :p

Burr and Hamilton would be jealous! laugh
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 09:42 PM
Hmm, Makes me wonder how we got the title "Ugly American" wink laugh laugh
Posted By: solaris01 Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 09:46 PM
very good then........fund raiser it shall be...... Gentlemen choose your weapons.........pink paintball it is at 50 paces...may the best man win.... jolly good fun my good fellows...
very sporting of you old chaps to provide us "north americans" with an evening of intelectual british wit and sarcasm...should make for a quite lovely evening....
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 09:48 PM
Perhaps beachboy should attend a "attitude adjustment" course here in beautiful San Marcos Texas laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Tillie Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 09:57 PM
maybe you should think about attending.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 10:10 PM
Mr. Missing - I think your attitude is just lovely! smile
I would however be quite interested in watching you teach such a course! laugh
Posted By: cracked up Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 10:42 PM
I believe "immissing" could teach such a course.

Seems both of these guys, P & B are usually full of sh t. Beachboy just can't lift all of his. The guy is a legend in his own mind.
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:10 PM
Maybe they could auction a weeks vacation at RCR, all inclusive,pizza,drinks, room sevice the works.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:18 PM
I thought (briefly) about deleting my previous post, but knowing the British sense of humor is dryer than the Texas sand, and their arrogance and rudeness is beyond my conception, I let it stand. I may be long of tooth and grey of head but some of the things I learned as a youth still work, to some degree. Some moves were designed to disable your opponent, some to eleminate him. this is where things get a little fuzzy .......... :rolleyes:
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:44 PM
Perhaps some of the boarders need to reread what beachboy has written. This is an attempt to raise money. Not cheap shots.
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:46 PM
My dear, we may be long of tooth and grey of hair, but we didn't get there without learning a thing or two , did we? How are you doing? And will you be coming down to see us soon? Think we might be able to find a Beliken in the fridge for you. Lovey
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:51 PM
'Scuse me Deacon. If you are reffering to me, I have (The SPSC)raised more money for the people of San Pedro than beachboy can count. No cheap shots. If you can walk the walk....... do it. If not, shut up. Not you, but BB.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:55 PM
Lovey, thanks! I am trying to find my way as things are settling down here. Aiming for the middle of Feb. Is your casita empty?
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/09/06 11:56 PM
Ernie, not at all. I have been reading this post and it seems to me that some of the boarders do not get the point. I know all you have done and I am sure you will do more as time goes by.
Posted By: reaper Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:10 AM
I'm missing something here...Beachboy chooses off Pedro1 to a duel of bar games for charity, and now everyone is getting their panties in a snit...hell...I'll give a charity some major $$$'s just to watch Peter and Adam shoot it out with pink paintballs on Front St. at high noon, that'd be cool!!!!

Or I may just have to take them each on a jump in February...whoever cries for "Mum" first looses!! :p cool
Posted By: Ernie B Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:30 AM
Two seperate harness's ?
Posted By: beachboy Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:32 AM
I have spoken to Pedro today in person and who is well etc. He will not play for his own reasons which we did not discuss which is okay.

Thw only issue he wants to bet on is a $5,000 usd bet on whether the pier is built on time. That is not this issue here, that gets personal.

On the 21st September 2006 Independence Day, I am organising a fundraise for the EMS for charity etc etc. I only hope that we can do good for the communtiy.

I do not need Pedro or any one else to fund raise. I am quite caoable of doing it on myself.

Lovey I donate that first $1,000 we bet to charity.

I will as of tomorrow act as spokesperson for the EMS and part of my role will be to fund raise. If any of the board doubters think I am anything but what I am please e-mail privately.

I will not listen to all this banter from board member who do not know me or think that I am some attention seeker.

I chose my position, I am perfectly capable of doing it, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I did not choose the limelight on TV in Belize it chose me!

I will start a new thread once thinge are finalised with the press and media.

I will do my uptmost to fund raise wherever possible. Frankly just look at the business growth! I do not need that sort of help.
Posted By: reaper Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:44 AM
What EMS charity?
And no duel at high noon on Front St??? frown
Posted By: deacon+ Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:45 AM
Adam my friend, you are exactly the man you said you were. Thankyou. The poeple on the board should thankyou and do as much as they can to help. I know they will now that the nonsence has stopped. This board has alot of heart and will do what is right.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:47 AM
Adam, you have my support. Lots more to this board than passing judgement....keep up the great effort. Hopefully, some will follow.
Posted By: NYgal Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:55 AM
good eyedeer.... wink
Posted By: ozarksdiver Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 01:18 AM
I have not had the privilege of meeting BeachBoy, but his fundraising intentions sound honorable. Let us know on the forum what we can do to help.
Posted By: bywarren Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 12:21 PM
Check out the "scholorship facilitated" thread. Some people have figured out how to help without all this bull shit.
Posted By: spots101x Re: beachboy -vs- Pedro1 - 08/10/06 03:52 PM
I resemble that remark about Texas sand...(at least I hope this is one of those posts where everyone sounds mean and nasty but they are just teasing one another...law tells me that happens a lot on this board).
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board