AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: meghanrenee Getting Married - 07/31/06 06:31 PM
My fiance and I are trying to plan a wedding in Ambergris Caye (at Tranquility Bay Resort) in Nov 2007. Our parents are stubborn that it must be in the catholic church, but we (the couple) want to get married on the beach!! Does anyone know of a way to either get married or have a priest bless the wedding? We will be so upset if we are in Belize and can't get married on the beach! Does anyone have contact info for the church so I can speak to someone personally? Any help/info is appreciated......
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Getting Married - 07/31/06 06:35 PM
Contact Belizeweddings.com and ask Iraida for assistance.
Posted By: Tiona Luster Re: Getting Married - 07/31/06 08:16 PM
Why not do what I did. I got married on the beach in the carribean and when I got home to Connecticut I had my vows blessed in the Catholic church. This way everyone was happy.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Getting Married - 07/31/06 08:59 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am sending you a PM. There is a church up north on the beach you can get married at and you can also marry on the beach with a priest here. Feel free to review the info I am sending you and contact me via email or phone. Best wishes!
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Getting Married - 08/01/06 12:25 PM
The church on the beach is lovely and they have outdoor pews as well with the water right there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Getting Married - 08/06/06 08:08 PM
Planning a divorce next spring at AC anyone there arrange for procedings about 20 miles offshore of the reef? laugh
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Getting Married - 08/07/06 05:04 AM
hahahahahahhahaha! Good one! Maybe we can arrange a dual ceremony. eek
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Getting Married - 08/07/06 01:53 PM
NOT! laugh
Posted By: Tillie Re: Getting Married - 08/08/06 01:05 AM
rykat ---- I"m sure she wasn't proposing you get married to her! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Getting Married - 08/08/06 02:23 AM
tillie---- methinks she may have meant duel ceremony - but with all that water.....hmmmm.!
Posted By: Marty Re: Getting Married - 08/08/06 06:25 AM
i love the church downtown. and like tacogirl says, its outdoor area is very nice too, and the beach is right there.

here's part of the outdoor area

http://belizephotographs.com/060520.html

i'll find a couple other pics
Posted By: Marty Re: Getting Married - 08/08/06 06:29 AM
here's some taken last december

//ambergriscaye.com/churchpics/
Posted By: captjeff Re: Getting Married - 08/08/06 03:12 PM
While getting married here is just great ,have come across a post about tranquilty bay resort.it was posted in the trip report section .See if this place is the real you .As it way, way ,up north??? I no nothing about this place,good or bad, only what the honeymoon couple posted. thought I would share that with you!!!!!! go live the dream and enjoy sanpedro..
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board