AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: hulagirl help with lodging in San Pedro - 08/22/06 11:13 PM
Hi - I'll have a group of people there in March, probably need 8 rooms with kitchenettees. We definitely want a nice beach, if possible and thought it might be nice to stay near town as we have a couple of teenagers. We have a deposit at Aqua Marina Suites but have heard some negative stuff. What's the real scoop with Aqua Marina??? Suggestions?
Posted By: seashell Re: help with lodging in San Pedro - 08/23/06 06:14 AM
The beach in front of Aqua Marina is not that nice. The hot water tanks are too small. The beachfront suites are quite nice otherwise.

Have you checked out the Palms? Belizean Reef? These two hotels are next to or very near to Ramon's, which is an excellent location for teens because of Ramon's dock and the beach is nicer there than most any other place in or near town.

You might also enjoy Paradise Villas.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: help with lodging in San Pedro - 08/23/06 01:29 PM
banana Beach -without a doubt-but you will have to book quickly as they are always full in march-it is next to Banyan Bay which is the best beach on AC-bananas also has lots of things happening for adults and kids alike the restaurant provides great breakfasts and the courtyard suites have great kitchens-cost and enjoyment wise unbeatable
Posted By: Barbara K Re: help with lodging in San Pedro - 08/23/06 02:27 PM
I'd have to agree with Banana Beach or the Palms. Great suites and service. I would also add Blue Tang Inn & Mayan Princess or Paradise Villas for in town locations. Exotic Caye may also work well for you.
Posted By: seashell Re: help with lodging in San Pedro - 08/24/06 06:23 AM
I didn't mention Banana Beach because they said they wanted to be near town.

I'm a fan of Blue Tang but didn't mention it because they said they wanted to be on a nice beach. Yes, I did mention Paradise Villas, which also doesn't have a nice beach, but it has a very nice garden and pool area, that makes up for it, to my mind.

I love Mayan Princess, but didn't mention it because it has a terrible beach area and no grounds or pool. That said, if the kids don't mind strolling down the beach to Ramon's area, then the Mayan could be a pretty good choice. I don't know how big these teens are but if they aren't too big, room #15, has a very small bedroom attached that has bunk beds in it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board