AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 01:42 PM
Last time I took an informal poll among San Pedranos, Pepperoni's was the unanimous winner. Now the landscape has changed and I don't have time to sample Pedro's, Pasta la Vista, Jerry's Crab Shack, Pirate's, etc. So I need your help -- who's got the best 'za? If you had to choose only one or two of the above to, um, live with on a desert isle, which would it be and why?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 02:55 PM
None of them - I'd get "pizza'd out" too quickly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:16 PM
Josh, sounds like you are having a great time. I'd really encourage you to sto by Pedro's Inn. You can review so much more than just the pizza (which is excellant!!), his bar is a really fun place to hang out and he offers incredibly inexpensive lodging with lots of extras. Don't forget to check out the Jager machine! smile
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:17 PM
Nice, BB, just the kind of run-down I was looking for.
Posted By: klcman Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:20 PM
Fun blog, too! Found it a few days ago....
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:24 PM
Already saw Pedro's the other day -- loved the Jager Wall of Fame.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:26 PM
laugh
Posted By: captjeff Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:30 PM
beach boy your on the money ,on this but never liked crab shack,And sherry at Pasta la Vista is one classy, good looking lady !!!Worth the price of a slice just to hang there...
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:31 PM
Glad you dig the blog, kicman, it's been fun to do but a total distraction from getting work done -- especially with WiFi in so many of my hotels (even in the middle of the jungle!).
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:32 PM
Whoops -- I meant to post the link:

http://blog.stonegrooves.net/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:37 PM
Josh, when does the updated version of the Belize book come out?
That is, assuming you are working on an updated version.
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 03:48 PM
Well, at the risk of going off-topic (this thread _was_ about pizza), the new edition of Moon Handbooks Belize is scheduled for an August, 2007 release. I'm just doing preliminary data-gathering now for my book, and working on a few other Belize-related writing projects as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 04:14 PM
Welcome to the board, where thread hi-jacking is an everyday occurrence.

re pizza: I always thought it was ridiculous that someone would come all the way to Belize and then want to eat pizza. That said, last trip I found myself chowing on some at Pedro's and several times during my stay thought about going back for more. It really is very good pizza.
Posted By: captjeff Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 04:19 PM
law you are to funny ,I said the same thing !!! but I go to pedro's for the very good pizza and of course peter it is a trip just to hear him do his thing..He can be wild,and funny at times..And I do like taking his money at poker.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 04:32 PM
Vote for Pedro

Loved your blog Tranquilo.
Posted By: ex,why z? Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 06:44 PM
DEF Crabshack!!!!!!!!
Oh, and the shrimp and pepper pizza @ bluewater.
Posted By: Tranquilo Traveler Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 07:53 PM
conch pizza at rojo lounge too -- you don't find that in brooklyn...
Posted By: pash Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/18/06 08:22 PM
The bar-b-que chicken pizza at Blue Water Grill is very good!
Posted By: shuffles Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 12:34 AM
We were hard core fans of Pepperoni's until Pedro's started with the pizza. Best on the island if I am voting...and I guess I am...
Posted By: ambergrishog Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 01:48 AM
Both Pepperoni's and Pedro's can not be beat. If you are real lucky, like we were last trip, none other than Peter will deliver your pizza. Next trip, 10 days, we will be eating pizzas at Pedros hot out of the oven. Can't wait.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 03:30 AM
Great Blog Site Josh. I can relate to some of them.
Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 04:27 AM
I just want to know the best place to eat in Italy for Stewed chicken and rice-n-beans.
Posted By: LJ Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 12:01 PM
It has been 2 years since I have been down,coming in January,but back then Pauly's Pizza was very good.Might I assume that they are no longer there?
Posted By: captjeff Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 02:18 PM
lj pauly sold the place ,new first owner ,turned out to be a dud. ,did not know sh*t from shinola about pizza or people.But she sold to sherry now the new owner a sweet hard working lady and she has been doing the right thing , making changes!! Now she has changed the name to Pasta la Vista..They Will have pasta and pizza ..
Posted By: captjeff Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 02:27 PM
Beach boy Will have to try Pirates pizza ,when I take a ride north,Mark is a cool guy,where is it ???
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 03:26 PM
I saw a sign for Pirates pizza a few weeks ago. We called the number on the sign but It seems they were not open yet. We will definitely try them next month. It will be nice to have pizza close to us up north. Jeff , I'm not exactly sure where they are, but a small sign with a phone number was next to our beach.
Posted By: kwalkpt Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 06:45 PM
It is behind Coco Beach (between Essene Way and Belizean Shores)on the road. The phone number is 226-GOOD. Had two pizzas last night - they are good and very quick with delivery. The tomato basil is great. Mark has talked about having soft serve ice cream in the future - which would be great to have ice cream finally up north!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/19/06 08:07 PM
Hey CaptJeff: Now I know why you keep coming back to San Pedro...for the Pizza?? Bill
Posted By: Under Da Water Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/20/06 02:40 AM
I also like Pirate's Pizza. It's a great finish to a long day of diving/fishing. Hanging out at our resort up north with a few belikins and some Great pizza from Pirates...delivered right to our door!
That's what I call "Living The Dream!"
UDW
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/20/06 02:37 PM
Unda da Water-you play in Mark's band, work in his pizza business and live in the middle of town-just tell the truth it is easier
Posted By: captjeff Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/20/06 03:29 PM
looks like Pedro is on his game .. [YOUR BUSTED] not to say marks place is not good or bad have never tried it yet.?? but if above pedro post is true ,not cool!!!!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/20/06 09:55 PM
Jeff, I think you and I should test out Marks place "PIRATES PIZZA" behind CoCo Beach (Between Essene Way and Belizean Shores) and compare notes. We KNOW good pizza so we should make the call. You go there this week, and I will go there next month and we will compare notes They have a really cool phone number Easy to remember, 226-GOOD (4663)......Fageddaboudid....HAH. If they are real good I think I will put a link to them on my new website www.bustpetersballs.com laugh
Posted By: sandb Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/22/06 02:23 AM
What's that? Buy one, get one free? :
Posted By: lil'red Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/24/06 04:18 PM
Hey Capt Jeff, it was a real pleasure to meet you during your last trip, but then again, I always meet the best people at the hardware store :-)
Your input on the signage was on the money, and the place has finally stopped looking like a construction zone. And I am making good on my promise, too. Our pasta menu starts today! I decided to spend the weekend just cooking everything I wanted to try, so it will be a weekend of rolling specials. As it comes out of the oven, it goes on the menu, and anyone can sample bits of all of the tasty stuff we will be cooking. So when you get back, I should have a pretty good idea of what we are going to offer, and you and I can enjoy dinner and a glass of wine and have a nice chat.
Posted By: Stephania*21 Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/27/06 07:53 PM
I have never tried Pedro's....is it THAT good?? worth checking out?? My favs were pepperoni's & Pauly's i think it was called....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/27/06 08:31 PM
Pedro's beats both of 'em - no contest! smile
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/27/06 09:32 PM
I hear that pirates pizza is very good, We will try it when we are there in a few weeks. Will report to the board then.
Posted By: wonderwoman Re: Best Pizza in San Pedro? - 11/28/06 01:38 PM
Pirate Pizza gets a 10 from me!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board